Windows 10: Windows Mail App Login Not Working

Discus and support Windows Mail App Login Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Surface Book reset and my mail app stopped working, as did my outlook. I thought it way have been my computer specifically but I was helping set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CoolerDesert409, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Windows Mail App Login Not Working

My Surface Book reset and my mail app stopped working, as did my outlook. I thought it way have been my computer specifically but I was helping set up an new Surface Book 2 when the same thing happened again with the same error message, 00000b. What gives?

:)

CoolerDesert409, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Windows Mail App Login Not Working

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Mail App Login Not Working

1. Windows Mail App Login Not Working - Similar Threads - Mail App Login

2. Mail App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App not working: For a week or so now the Mail app has not worked for me. When i click on the App icon on my toolbar, it just displays a message saying "Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." I have tried uninstalling it, but it wont even let me...
  3. Windows 10 mail app - sending mail not working

Windows 10 mail app - sending mail not working: When I create new mail and send it, it disappears and does not appear anywhere else like the Outbox. I can send mail by forwarding or replying to mail but cant send using new mail. Any ideas how to fix?...
  4. Mail app is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app is not working: I updated the system to 1803 and Mail app broke down. I tried to reset the app, then I reinstalled it. Now I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-is-not-working/5c7e1206-68e1-48d8-af7f-004e8fe527a4
  5. Windows 10 mail app is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mail app is not working: Windows 10 , mail app, Desktop, My mail app would not sync any new mail yesterday and would come in with an error code to "try again later" each time I would manually re-sync it. I read inMS fixes how to reset the mail app under "mail and calendars". I did that and...
  6. mail app, cannot login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mail app, cannot login: I have a problem with Mail App on my new laptop. When I tried to log into my gmail account via this app, I received an error "Something went wrong, we're sorry, but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8000000b. " It happened when I was submitting my login data....
  7. Windows mail App is not working with People App

Windows mail App is not working with People App: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...
  8. Mail app not working

Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...
  9. Mail App,Yahoo login error

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App,Yahoo login error: I have Windows 10 in my laptop. My problem is that i cannot sign in to my yahoo account in the new Mail app.It prompts me to insert my password again.I'm 100% sure that i insert the correct password because i tried to login with these credentials in my browser and i succeed...
  10. Mail app for windows 10 not working

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app for windows 10 not working: I upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I went to the mail app to add my gmail accounts and was successful. I went to sync all my emails, and here is where it gets weird. It synced all my folders, but none of the messages synced. I went to options and selected:...