Windows 10: Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

Discus and support Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HamzaHussain23, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then I tried removing and re-instating the accounts, but everytime I enter my sign in info it then proceeds to spam the "we can't find your settings" and goes on the continuous loop asking for sign in and password each time.I know this only happened after the aforementioned upgrades, because literally the day of I was recieving

:)

HamzaHussain23, Aug 1, 2022
  2. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade [​IMG]

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Aug 1, 2022
  3. Bastet Win User

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

If you’ve tried all suggestions including setting up two factor authentication & creating an app specific password for the account then there may be a problem with the Mail app.
    As it’s also doing this with GMail then it does sound like an authentication problem as both this & Yahoo dislike working with insecure apps.
    The free version of Revo now allows you to uninstall Apps.
    More suggestions here:
    Fix: Can't Add Gmail Account to Windows 10 Mail '0x8007042b'

Bastet, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

1. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade - Similar Threads - Mail App allowing

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  5. Cortana for Android - adding exchange account

in Cortana
    Cortana for Android - adding exchange account: Is there a way to add a Microsoft Exchange calendar to the Cortana for Android app? The app detected my existing Outlook.com email account and I can update that calendar....
  6. Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app failing for Exchange accounts, 0x86000c29: I'm trying to link the Mail app to a couple of Exchange email accounts at other companies, and I'm having issues ONLY with one of the four PC's I'm using to do this that I've set up over the past week or so. I actually had the accounts running on only this PC in the past...
  7. Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.

Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.: Ever since yesterday, my Mail App is crashing just seconds after opening. I decided to uninstall the app by running the PowerShell command get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage. Command-led completed successfully, so I restarted the...
  8. Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Exchange 2007 Account To Windows 10 Mail App Broke My Emails: I added my work email account to the Windows 10 Mail app. This is an Microsoft Exchange 2007 account with a self-signed security certificate. After adding the account using advanced setup, the Mail app prompted me to fix the account and said the following: "Untrusted...
  9. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  10. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...