Windows 10: Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar

Discus and support Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have this issue with the taskbar, my mail app is creating "Blank" tasks that act like actual tasks when moved, but wont go away. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NikashaTV, Nov 7, 2019.

1. NikashaTV Win User

Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar

So I have this issue with the taskbar, my mail app is creating "Blank" tasks that act like actual tasks when moved, but wont go away.

Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar da0d95d0-1f5b-4b00-b9b2-65d13365ab85?upload=true.png

Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar 495b0296-6cce-4161-8134-aa12397f5484?upload=true.png

And every time I click "Pin to taskbar" on the blank apps, it creates a new taskbar shortcut to mail, then when I unpin that shortcut it creates a new blank task.

Now I did JUST reinstall windows 10, but this issue was a problem when I had all the latest updates, I just never really noticed it until it was a duplication issue...

For thoroughness I am including PC specs and windows version. I don't think this is an issue with hardware or other stuff. But I will include.

Specs:

Intel Core I3-2350M @ 2.30GHz (quad core)

8 GB of ram

64bit

Intel HD Graphics 3000

Windows 10 Home 1803 (OS build 17134.1)

:)

NikashaTV, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 7, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Mail app not removing from taskbar - Similar Threads - Mail app removing

2. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  3. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  4. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  5. Unable to remove iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail app

Unable to remove iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I am trying to remove an unresponsive iCloud account from my Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app. This account was set up in Windows 10 Version 2004, but has since stopped working upon reverting to Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to remove the unresponsive iCloud account,...
  6. Issues while removing Yahoo account from Mail app

Issues while removing Yahoo account from Mail app: unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens when managing accounts for this particular email account. I uninstalled the mail app and then reinstalled. Opened mail app and all accounts showed up again. I need help here please....
  7. Windows mail removes mail from hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail removes mail from hotmail: I started using windows mail for my msn account and i recently moved to a new pc and when i configured it none of my old emails were there. I logged into hotmail and they were not there either. Does windows mail remove the mail from hotmail? 82973
  8. How to remove contacts from Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove contacts from Mail app?: I've synced my contacts with mail, but is only shows a small section of them in contacts. How do I remove unwanted contacts from Mail app? 4390
  9. Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?: Hello, After an upgrade to Windows 10, the accounts from Outlook were added to the Mail App. I don't want to use the Mail App and even though I set notifications to off Windows keeps bugging me about the Mail App. Thus I want to delete these accounts from the Mail App....
  10. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...