Windows 10: Windows Mail App not showing background images

Discus and support Windows Mail App not showing background images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using the Windows Mail app to manage my Gmail emails. Generally it works fine but I've noticed that it sometimes doesn't show some text. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ImplacableRobot, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Windows Mail App not showing background images

I am using the Windows Mail app to manage my Gmail emails. Generally it works fine but I've noticed that it sometimes doesn't show some text. Here is the email in the Windows Mail app:And here it is in Gmail and other email appsSo I've worked out that it doesn't show the white text as it isn't showing the background image. It shows coloured backgrounds but not those with images.Is this a bug in the Mail app or have I got a setting wrong? I am using the latest version of Windows and the latest version of the Mail app. I have also tried it on Windows 11 and get the same results.

:)

ImplacableRobot, Sep 3, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Mail app shows no images

It would help, if you tell us which Anti virus application are you using.

Are you looking at junk folder (spam mail?)

Also, there are some account settings to check:

Windows Mail App not showing background images [​IMG]

AndreTen, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail App not showing background images :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 3, 2021
  4. maddmaxx Win User

Windows Mail App not showing background images

Mail app shows no images

Thankyou dalchina. When I go to " How To Ensure Windows 10 Mail App Always Download Images In Email page and go to "Accounts", mine doesn't show Outlook it shows Exchange with my email address. Also. I'm using Outlook as my email program it's just that it doesn't show the name Outlook, it shows Exchange with my email address beside it. I have another account with my internet service provider that also shows the connection to my email address. I was just wondering if this had anything to do with the problem of not seeing any images in my Mail App. Just a note here: The change mailbox sync settings still shows "Always download full message and Internet images" with a check mark in front of it. I don't think the prior information in this paragraph is the problem. I'm beginning to think it is a bug in the Mail App, but anything you could add would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you

maddmaxx, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Mail App not showing background images

1. Windows Mail App not showing background images - Similar Threads - Mail App showing

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Images not showing on Windows 11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images not showing on Windows 11 Mail app: Hi everyoneI have just got a brand new laptop running Windows 11. I am trying to set up my signature in the Mail app however, the images don’t show up at all. It’s just a white box where the image should be.This is also the same when viewing Mail on Edge and Google Chrome...
  4. Images not showing on Windows 11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images not showing on Windows 11 Mail app: Hi everyoneI have just got a brand new laptop running Windows 11. I am trying to set up my signature in the Mail app however, the images don’t show up at all. It’s just a white box where the image should be.This is also the same when viewing Mail on Edge and Google Chrome...
  5. Some images in Mail app are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some images in Mail app are not showing: Some images in Mail app are not showing. Please advise. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-images-in-mail-app-are-not-showing/ea657ba7-ce82-41a1-9073-aba45d50477b
  6. Some images in Mail app are not showing

Some images in Mail app are not showing: Some images in Mail app are not showing. Please advise. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-images-in-mail-app-are-not-showing/ea657ba7-ce82-41a1-9073-aba45d50477b
  7. mail and weather app not running in background

mail and weather app not running in background: why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please....
  8. Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?: When I used to use the windows mail app a couple of months ago it would run in the background and continue to receive emails even when the app was closed. Now I've noticed it only receives emails if the app is actively open. I've checked my settings and verified it is a part...
  9. Mail app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app in background: I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this. Edit: If not possible,...
  10. Lockscreen background image not showing on start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen background image not showing on start: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. i have ticked the box to enable "show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen" however it works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. More recently it just doesn't work at all. What do yuo think the reason could be? I...