Windows 10: Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly

Discus and support Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Up until yesterday, when using Windows Mail app, when we wanted to locate the email address for a recipient, we could type a string in the To: field,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jenkins-ear, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly

Up until yesterday, when using Windows Mail app, when we wanted to locate the email address for a recipient, we could type a string in the To: field, and the contacts in the People app would be searched for that string in the contacts' first or last name,

As of toady, the search is now returning based on matches in the contact's email address, notname. The search for recipients of recent emails also is being based on email address - notname.

On a second laptop, search is working normally.

Any fix for this?

:)

jenkins-ear, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly

Mail, Calendar, People apps don't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if your issue persist:

• In search bar type “ Windows Powershell”
      • Right click on it and choose “Run as Administrator”
      • Type the command listed below for the respective app.
    I. Mail and Calender:

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

ii. People app:

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.People* | remove-appxpackage

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly

1. Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Mail App Search

2. Not work correct windows search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not work correct windows search: I don't type windows search nothing. 182944
  3. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  4. Search function in mail app not working

Search function in mail app not working: Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy Search icon just spins forever and no results appear. Can send and receive mail as normal. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? Many thanks in advance...
  5. Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Search not working correctly: Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a search bar in win10. I just did a clean windows install and noticed that the search bar doesn't find some of the things I'm looking for. For example, if I searched for "sound" or "remove" before reinstalling windows, the search...
  6. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  7. People app in Windows 10 Mail

People app in Windows 10 Mail: People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The...
  8. Mail App is not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App is not working correctly: The Mail App installed on my Windows 10 PC works incorrectly. I cannot find an option to index it so I reindexed my PC. However, Mail App is still working incorrectly...
  9. Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed

Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 1803. I'm running mail version 16005.11001.20083.0. I don't see an option under control panel indexing for it. I have reindexed my computer - still no luck....
  10. Windows mail App is not working with People App

Windows mail App is not working with People App: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...