Windows 10: Windows Mail app search within unread only

Discus and support Windows Mail app search within unread only in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, In Windows 10 Mail app how can I search in Unread messages only? I know how I can filter Unread only, using the drop down list. But as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Galonchik, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Galonchik Win User

Windows Mail app search within unread only

Hello,

In Windows 10 Mail app how can I search in Unread messages only? I know how I can filter Unread only, using the drop down list. But as soon as I enter a term to search in the search box, my choice in the drop down list changes to "inbox", and the only options in the drop down list are now Search Inbox or Search all folders.

So how can I search within the unread messages only?

Thanks

:)

Galonchik, Sep 22, 2019
  2. bulls96 Win User

Select Unread Mail

am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app?

seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already.

thanks.

bulls96, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail app search within unread only :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Kathrynzn Win User

Windows 10 Mail app: many of my unread emails are not appearing when "Unread" option is chosen

Have been using Windows 10 Mail app on my PC for some time. Suddenly this afternoon I noticed that only 4 of my 20 unread emails appear when I choose the "Unread" option. Why are the other 16 not listed anymore?

I checked the 16 missing emails and they are all still marked as "unread" so why are they not appearing when I choose the "Unread" filter?

Have tried troubleshooting and fixes supplied by Microsoft but the problem remains.

Is this something that others are experiencing? Any suggestions?

Kathrynzn, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Mail app search within unread only - Similar Threads - Mail app search

2. Windows Mail app is syncing the entire inbox as unread

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app is syncing the entire inbox as unread: I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 11, when I have synced my 5 webmail email accounts it has downloaded every single email in each inbox as unread, which is thousands!I have used Windows Mail for years successfully on my desktop and previous laptop. I have deleted the...
  3. Windows Mail app is syncing the entire inbox as unread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app is syncing the entire inbox as unread: I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 11, when I have synced my 5 webmail email accounts it has downloaded every single email in each inbox as unread, which is thousands!I have used Windows Mail for years successfully on my desktop and previous laptop. I have deleted the...
  4. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?: Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within the settings app. I used to be able to type "bluetooth" in the taskbar and it would bring me to bluetooth options in the...
  5. How to search within 'My Threads' only?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to search within 'My Threads' only?: Up front....Sorry... Sorry, because probably this may not be the right place to ask, but I vainly searched for a better one.It is a question about the forum functionality, rather than Windows 10. I may be overlooking a feature/option. When selecting 'My Content -> My...
  6. Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts: Hi, How do I get searches in the mail app to return all results? It seems to only return results from unread emails (confession, I'm rubbish at deleting email so have a lot of those!) or from contacts. Which makes it nearly (or sometimes totally) impossible to find things...
  7. Key Word Search Bar - within Calendar feature of Windows Mail App.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Word Search Bar - within Calendar feature of Windows Mail App.: Hello - how do you enable the 'Key Word Search' in the Calendar feature of Windows Mail App please. It is usually at the Top of Calendar - just next to Month/Year detail....
  8. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  9. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...
  10. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...