Windows 10: windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist

Discus and support windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI've configured a new computer for my mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using IMAP, details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kris thielemans, Jul 26, 2021.

1. windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist

HiI've configured a new computer for my mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using IMAP, details provided by the ISP. This all worked fine. Tonight, her emails are suddenly coming from an account outlook_[number]@outlook.com, to which all replies fail. Previous emails from her were correctly from her ISP email address literally 10 mins between when it worked, and when it stopped working.I found an MS Support post with a similar issue when using Outlook.Outlook.com email account appears as "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.

:)

kris thielemans, Jul 26, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook.

Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead?

I have tried setting the default app as mail in the Default Settings but it keeps trying to send from outlook.

RamboMcMutNutts, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Jayzilla Win User

windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist

1. windows Mail App started sending from outlook_[number]@outlook.com which doesn't exist - Similar Threads - Mail App started

2. "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com": HiI am using the Windows 10 "Mail App" and my 3rd party mail account displays "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com". I see the work around for Office 365 and the Outlook App BUT not the Windows 10 Mail App. How can I access mail settings like in Outlook...
  3. "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com": HiI am using the Windows 10 "Mail App" and my 3rd party mail account displays "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com". I see the work around for Office 365 and the Outlook App BUT not the Windows 10 Mail App. How can I access mail settings like in Outlook...
  4. cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app

cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app: can someone help with this issue? I can receive emails but emails are just stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-mail-from-windows-10-mail-app/f2026617-647f-4ac7-a1a5-6997be9f4232
  5. Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f): Hello, I have a problem with using the Mail app and Outlook 2019 I can receive emails but can't send them. The error I get is 0x8009030f And after I press send, I get this message to my inbox: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder....
  6. Windows Mail doesn't send emails

Windows Mail doesn't send emails: I have synced two email accounts (AOL and Exchange) on my new Surface Laptop. I have full internet etc. It loads new emails and it seems like I can reply as normal. I press send and there is no error message. A day later, I thought it was odd that I hadn't received a...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  9. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  10. Outlook Cannot Send Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Cannot Send Mail: I did the windows 10 upgrade yesterday and since then my Outlook 2010 cannot send mail. It receives mail as it should without any issues. I have multiple emails accounts with different vendors and it is doing the same on all of them so I have ruled out it being a hosting...