Windows 10: Windows Mail app stopped working

Discus and support Windows Mail app stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Danni513, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Danni513 Win User

Windows Mail app stopped working

For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail accounts. They wouldn't show anything. When I went to the Mail setting to manage the accounts, I could see them listed, but there was no response when clicked on, no message or anything. I tried clicking the Sync button, but that did nothing. I ended up resetting my Mail, figuring I could just rebuild the accounts, but now when I try to open the Mail app, it opens for about 5 seconds and then closes. I can't seem to do anything with it now. Please helps.

:)

Danni513, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail app stopped working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Windows Mail app stopped working

Windows 10 Mail has stopped working

Hi Tony,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with accessing your emails.

From the above description, I understand, you can get into your Outlook.com account and access your emails in web based interface Outlook.com

• As you mentioned, "My Windows 10 Mail has stopped working", do you mean Windows 10 Mail App?

• Do you see any error message?

• The account you are facing issues with, is that the only and primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    If additional account, then I suggest
    remove the account and reconfigure it, and check the behavior. This doesn’t delete the original account or messages—you’ll still be able to get to them through a browser.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

I also suggest you to go to People.Live.com
    and check if you are able to access your contacts from web based interface.

Please keep us updated with the status of the issue, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail app stopped working

1. Windows Mail app stopped working - Similar Threads - Mail app stopped

2. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  3. Mail App not working

Mail App not working: For a week or so now the Mail app has not worked for me. When i click on the App icon on my toolbar, it just displays a message saying "Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." I have tried uninstalling it, but it wont even let me...
  4. Mail app is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app is not working: I updated the system to 1803 and Mail app broke down. I tried to reset the app, then I reinstalled it. Now I need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-is-not-working/5c7e1206-68e1-48d8-af7f-004e8fe527a4
  5. mail apps stopped working and cannot install

mail apps stopped working and cannot install: Suddenly my mail app stopped working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but now its gone and wont reinstall. Outlook is not functioning either. Also, I cannot install any other mail app on my PC....
  6. Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop: Hi all, i found this forum to ask for you kind help. My mail app on Lenovo with Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. It wouldnt show any accounts, and after googling the solution, i went into Settings and them Mail and Calendar and reset it. It didnt work, so i uninstalled...
  7. Windows Mail Has Stopped Working

Windows Mail Has Stopped Working: Windows Mail first stopped syncing, then it stopped working at all. I reset, but it doesn't work. I can't uninstall it either (button is grayed out). So, that means I can't download it again since the Windows Store shows it as already installed. Any ideas?...
  8. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...
  9. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly: Mail and Calendar was set up with all three my email accounts and working perfectly well until today. It suddenly stopped working and won't open again. When clicking on the icon, it appears briefly then disappears. Please help!!!...
  10. Mail app not working

Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...