Windows 10: Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems.

Discus and support Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey community, I need some help. My business is using the Windows Mail app to access three shared company email accounts accessed by six or seven... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SithLord2112, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems.

Hey community,

I need some help.

My business is using the Windows Mail app to access three shared company email accounts accessed by six or seven different devices simultaneously.

Previously, things were working very well, but recently my boss and I have noticed that if he replies to an email message thread in the Sales account from his laptop, his reply will not show up in the message thread on my laptop. The funny thing is that it used to, and this has caused a handful of irritating situations of miscommunication.

I have checked the settings within the app, for the email accounts, as well as the hosting server and I am at a loss.

Thoughts? Ideas?

:)

SithLord2112, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Nerkyator Win User

Auto sync Windows 10 Mail app

I have a problem with Mail app on a Windows 10 system (updated from Windows 8).
    The sync settings just don't work on any email accounts and (of course) in the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.
    I've checked other solutions like

• Enable\Disable sync options in Settings under "Calendar" section
    • Run troubleshooting app from Microsoft
    • Rebooting system
    • Set app sync on "as items arrive" or "every 15 minutes"
    • Update mail app
    • Disable firewall

None of these "fixes" worked. Everything else is working fine. If I press sync button it works (it downloads mail and calendar events) but the app doesn't do this automatically.
    (IMAP account)

Someone has\had same problem? And have you managed to rectify this problem?

Nerkyator, Mar 16, 2020
  3. receive error while syncing on Mail app: 0x80072af9

Hi Smith,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you referring to the Mail app in Windows 10?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Did you configure multiple accounts in Mail app?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.
    • Click on your account.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue does not resolve, I suggest you to reconfigure the Mail app account by deleting and adding the account once again and check if that works.

Also refer:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Resolve-Sync-issues-in-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-in-Windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 16, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems.

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Where did you get that message about mail app isn't supported? And to create application password? Can you post a picture of it?

I'm using gmail account in Mail app with two step verification and all I had to do was confirm password and second step verification.. All went smooth, and I'm getting mails in multiple Windows PCs and phone.

AndreTen, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems.

1. Windows mail app syncing across multiple systems. - Similar Threads - mail app syncing

2. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  3. Mail app not syncing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  4. Mail app not syncing.

Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  5. yahoo mail across multiple devices

yahoo mail across multiple devices: I have a laptop, iPhone and iPad and want to link all of them to the same yahoo account. How do I do that? I keep getting password errors on each of them....
  6. Is there a way to sync documents/files across multiple windows pc’s?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to sync documents/files across multiple windows pc’s?: I have a work desktop and work laptop. When I need to travel, I email myself the needed docs and download them to the laptop. It’s not an efficient process. I’m looking for a solution like I have with my home macs - whatever I do on my MacBook will be on my iMac using the...
  7. mail app sync

mail app sync: I posted a question about my mail app not syncing earlier and was asked for additional information. The mail app that I am using is the Windows 10 app. It is not syncing with my business Outlook account in Office 365. This seemed to occur after an update. I am not sure...
  8. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  9. Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Account Sync Across Devices: Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one computer. Was expecting the accounts to show up on my other W10 computer with sync on. Logging in with the same M$ account on both...
  10. Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop syncing across multiple devices (MS based): Hi all Just wondering if its possible to make multiple devices desktops look the same. For example if you change your desktop on your PC it could be made to automatically change on your other devices. Regards Josh 11725