Windows 10: Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory.

Discus and support Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I noticed that the Mail app was taking up 10 GB on my computer, even thought I never use it. To try and fix this, I uninstalled the mail app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cpupich, Mar 15, 2020.

1. cpupich Win User

Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory.

Hello!

I noticed that the Mail app was taking up 10 GB on my computer, even thought I never use it. To try and fix this, I uninstalled the mail app, since clearing emails did nothing. Now, even though I don't have the app on my computer, it is still taking up 10 GB. Can I fix this?

:)

cpupich, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 15, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory. - Similar Threads - Mail App Taking

2. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  3. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  4. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  6. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  7. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  9. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  10. This thing is taking up all my memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This thing is taking up all my memory.: Pretty self-explanatory. Didn't download anything weird recently.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-thing-is-taking-up-all-my-memory/2e5cead6-a570-49f1-83b3-61f8eb64a2ae