Windows 10: Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory.

Discus and support Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I noticed that the Mail app was taking up 10 GB on my computer, even thought I never use it. To try and fix this, I uninstalled the mail app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cpupich, Mar 15, 2020.

1. cpupich Win User

Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory.

Hello!

I noticed that the Mail app was taking up 10 GB on my computer, even thought I never use it. To try and fix this, I uninstalled the mail app, since clearing emails did nothing. Now, even though I don't have the app on my computer, it is still taking up 10 GB. Can I fix this?

:)

cpupich, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 15, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Mail App Taking up My Computer Memory. - Similar Threads - Mail App Taking

2. Service host taking up my MEMORY OVERTIME.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host taking up my MEMORY OVERTIME.: When I start up my computer everything is fine. But within after over an hour, my service host keeps taking .1 MB while time passes by. I have to keep restarting my computer when it starts having issues because at that time I have 99% memory while I'm in a game. It gets...
  3. Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loading up my Windows 10 computer takes forever: When I turn the computer on, I might as well walk away for 5 or more minutes. I hear the beep, and know it's on, but nothing comes up on the monitor at that time. I can see a little flickering now and again on the screen, but it is mainly just black, until it is ready to...
  4. Service hosts taking up all the memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service hosts taking up all the memory.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeez_brah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg9bw3/service_hosts_taking_up_all_the_memory/
  5. Windows Mail Taking Up 25.8 GB...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail Taking Up 25.8 GB...: Hi All, I'm trying to make space on my 128GB SSD and it says Windows Mail is taking up 25.8 GB. How the heck do I delete? I've already tried deleting all accounts, and went into settings to reset the app data or whatever. Nothing is working. I wish I could just delete the...
  6. is it normal that my computer takes almost 50% of my memory when my computer is idle

is it normal that my computer takes almost 50% of my memory when my computer is idle: is it normal that my computer takes almost 50% of my memory when my computer is idle or doesn't open any application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-that-my-computer-takes-almost-50-of/f0cc9f89-5fa0-451d-9e8d-587827f27662
  7. Windows Driver Foundation taking up Memory maximum up to 5GB

Windows Driver Foundation taking up Memory maximum up to 5GB: Hi, I have tried the following: 1. Reinstall Wifi Driver 2. Run SFC Scan 3. Run DISM 4. Hardware Troubleshooter 5. Performance Troubleshooter But Still yet to resolve... is there anything we can do to troubleshoot it like permanently?...
  8. DWM.exe taking up high memory

DWM.exe taking up high memory: [ATTACH] So i dont know what the problem is. Please dont say use the troubleshooter that doesnt work it says theres nothing wrong and sometimes ill get an error where troubleshooter wont work at all. If you can help that would be greatly appreciated thank you...
  9. Edge takes up huge amounts of memory

in Browsers and Email
    Edge takes up huge amounts of memory: At times my computer bogs down horribly.* Loading Taskmanager, which can take several minutes, shows Edge taking up 1gb of memory (more or less).* It is usually 100mb or so. I have two other computers using Edge, and they seem fine. Is there any fix for this? 70674
  10. Process taking up alot of memory.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Process taking up alot of memory.: Hey guys, so I have this process it's taking up alot of memory. [img] My computer Stats: [img] 28198