Windows 10: Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

Discus and support Windows Mail app update causing crashes? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rex Murray, May 24, 2022.

1. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus

:)

Rex Murray, May 24, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail app update causing crashes? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 24, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 24, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

Mail app crash on Windows 10

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and to analyze the root cause of the issue, kindly help us with the following details:

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the machine?

(Search winver from the Start menu to know the same)
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which this issue started?

A possible reason behind an app crash could be the pending updates. I suggest you to install the updates pushed, if any pending, and check if it works. Refer
    Update Windows 10
    to know how to check for updates.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the methods listed below to see if it works for you:

Method 1

Reset Mail app:

• Open Settings and choose
      Apps
    • On the right pane under Apps & features, locate and click on
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Choose Advanced Options and click on
      Reset.
    • Once the Reset is complete,
      Mail app
      will disappear from the taskbar for a while.
    • Search Mail from the Start menu,
      and open the same to see if it works.

Method 2

Re-register Windows 10 apps:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Windows PowerShell (admin).

• Copy-paste the following command and hit Enter:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Wait for the command to run its course, and exit
      Windows PowerShell,
      once complete.

(Ignore the errors)
    • Open Mail app now to see if it still crashes.

Method 3

Uninstall and re-install Mail & Calendar app:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Windows PowerShell (admin).

• Copy-paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Once the command is executed, restart the machine, and install
      Mail & Calendar apps from Microsoft Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

1. Windows Mail app update causing crashes? - Similar Threads - Mail app update

2. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app update causing crashes?: The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus...
  3. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app update causing crashes?: The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus...
  4. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  5. Windows Mail App Crashes After 21H1 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App Crashes After 21H1 Update: The Win10 mail app has always worked fine for me. Recently, after the 21H1 update, it started to hang. When I click on a message, it starts to occupy about 35% of the CPU. I tried to reset the app, uninstall and reinstall it, DSIM, the app hangs. Nothing solves the problem....
  6. Windows Mail App Crashes After 21H1 Update

Windows Mail App Crashes After 21H1 Update: The Win10 mail app has always worked fine for me. Recently, after the 21H1 update, it started to hang. When I click on a message, it starts to occupy about 35% of the CPU. I tried to reset the app, uninstall and reinstall it, DSIM, the app hangs. Nothing solves the problem....
  7. Windows Mail App Crashing

Windows Mail App Crashing: I just got a brand new HP Spectre. I added my emails to the windows mail app. Then I tried to hit settings --> notifications. Every time I hit notifications the app crashes and turns off. I have restarted my computer, checked for updates and nothing works. Could this be an...
  8. Mail and calendar app crashed after Windows update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail and calendar app crashed after Windows update.: The Windows 10 update was done automatically and now the Mail and Calendar app, which worked perfectly before, is not working.They have spent hours troubleshooting.I would love to get the app back. PLEASE HELP...
  9. Windows Updates Causing Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Updates Causing Crash: I have a Dell XPS that I bought in 2017. It has been awesome and I haven't had any big issues until now. About 2 months ago there were some updates I don't know what they were. I install updates automatically, and soon after they were installed Windows 10 would not boot up. I...
  10. Mail and Calendar App crashes after Windows update

Mail and Calendar App crashes after Windows update: Hi My office desk PC is set for auto updates - After a most recent windows 10 update - recently my mail and calendar apps went blank & fail to work - they attempt load for just a second and then crash & vanish - all other apps work fine - office 365 works also - I have...