Windows 10: Windows Mail App won't connect to an exchange 2016 mailbox

Discus and support Windows Mail App won't connect to an exchange 2016 mailbox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently all of our windows 10 computers won't allow us to add an exchange 2016 mailbox to the windows 10 mail app. This has worked very well until it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BradRiehle, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Windows Mail App won't connect to an exchange 2016 mailbox

Recently all of our windows 10 computers won't allow us to add an exchange 2016 mailbox to the windows 10 mail app. This has worked very well until it was pointed out to me in the last few weeks. If you have an existing exchange account in the mail app it will continue to work but a new one can't be added. If you remove the working account and try to re add it again it will not work. I'm not sure if it is a mail app issue or an exchange issue as there have been several updates to both lately. We wither get a error code: 0x85002027 or 0x80004005.

:)

BradRiehle, Jan 29, 2020

2. Connecting to a Shared Mailbox in Windows 10 Mail/Outlook app.

Hi,

How do our users on tablet/netbooks (and in the future Windows 10s devices) connect to exchange shared mailboxes? They can connect to their primary Exchange mailbox no problem. But they can't access Shared Mailboxes or mailboxes of other users that have
    been shared with them.

We have many people who love Mail/Outlook app and the way it integrates, but without access to shared calendars we have a bit of a show stopper.

Full Outlook 2016 is not viable on these machines due to ram constraints.

Many thanks

Nick

NickBatchelor, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts:

L: [email protected] - Microsoft account using Exchange Server

plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account.

All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise:

1. How do you configure Outlook 2016 where to save Sent Mail in an IMAP acount? There is no configuration option like Outlook 2010.
    2. How do I change the name of the Exchange Server mail account displayed? I want something different to L: [email protected]
    3. My laptop running Outlook 2010 is configured to have the same accounts but also shows "Outlook Data File" with the associated mailboxes. I don't see this in Outlook 2016. Is this normal?

Steve C, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Windows Mail App won't connect to an exchange 2016 mailbox

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail App won't connect to an exchange 2016 mailbox

1. Windows Mail App won't connect to an exchange 2016 mailbox - Similar Threads - Mail App won't

2. Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange 2016 setup failed on Exchange 2010 Hybrid: Hi,My client has a fully working W2012/Exchange 2010 hybrid environment with the latest CU applied and all mailboxes already on the cloud. Long short story, I am getting this error when running PrepareAD with TenantOrganizationConfig switch as part to Hybrid upgrade to...
  3. Mailbox apps!!!

Mailbox apps!!!: Hi again, I honestly don't know where to start! I have used the Calendar/Mailbox app for a long time now with my two accounts yahoo/outlook. Despite all the problems I have had with this app to me it is great when working ok. After ironing out the "alert" problems everything...
  4. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  5. Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail

Exchange 2016 Undeliverable mail: Hi, I would like to ask you two questions regarding undeliverable mail. 1. Sometimes it happens that I cancel some email account and sometimes some emails still come to it. I would like to set a rule to copy these emails to the info@ mailbox. Please how? 2. Is there any way...
  6. Review: Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Review: Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery: Recovering data and mailboxes from Microsoft Exchange EDB databases can sometime be a nightmare. I came across the software from Stellar Phoenix called Mailbox Exchange Recovery and for a small software, I managed to solve huge problems while minimising the time of recovery...
  7. Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains: I'm not sure if a recent update to Outlook 2016 (I subscribe to Office 365) introduced this or not... Recently, I'm frequently prompted for my password for an email where I'm an independent contractor. If I set the account up as new, it goes through fine. Periodically...
  8. Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox: I thought I would just share some knowledge after 2 days of mucking around trying to get my email working again. I run my own Exchange 2016 server and use Outlook to connect to it and read my emails. Yesterday all of a sudden it started throwing up a message stating that...
  9. Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App: In W10 Mail App we can change the sync mailbox settings to 'based on my usage', 'manually' and sever time periods. What exactly do the first two mean? And how can we manually sync them; is there a button to do so? Thank you. 84400
  10. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...