Windows 10: Windows Mail App

Discus and support Windows Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm baffled. I'm so used to Windows Live Mail 2012 that I can't get the hang of this Mail app in Windows 10 Pro. With Windows Live Mail 2012 I had all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sichuan, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Sichuan Win User

Windows Mail App

I'm baffled. I'm so used to Windows Live Mail 2012 that I can't get the hang of this Mail app in Windows 10 Pro. With Windows Live Mail 2012 I had all my email accounts on the left side; no problem. I don't care where they are in Windows 10 Mail. However, I need to know how to add folders to my email accounts in Windows 10 Mail, folders such as Chase Bank, BJ's Wholesale, Amazon, Tax Deductible Receipts, Stored Messages, etc, etc, etc. I save important emails in these folders.

Also, I need to know how to get the reading pane, which shows the emails in any particular email account, on the top, with the content of the selected email showing on the bottom. I've been all over this Windows 10 Mail app and I can't find any way to change the reading pane.

Also, in Windows Live Mail 2012 I've duplicated some of the email folders in the "Storage" section, so that if for some reason my Microsoft email account folders are mistakenly deleted I will have the duplicate folders still in "Storage". In other words, if I have a Chase Bank folder in my live.com email account I will duplicate that folder in "Storage" and copy the email in my live.com Chase Bank folder to the Chase Bank folder in "Storage".

Is this possible? I wouldn't change anything but I've received emails from Microsoft in every Microsoft email account telling me that in the very near future none of my Microsoft email accounts, such as live, msn, outlook and windowslivemail will no longer work in Windows Live Mail 2012. I would consider Thunderbird but I've been to that mess before and I want nothing to do with it. If I need to pay for an email client I would appreciate some suggestions as to the good ones that will do what I want.

I would even be willing to get a paid email client that will accomplish what I want if I can't do it in the Windows 10 Mail app. The most important thing I want is the ability to have the reading pane on top with the selected email showing on the bottom.

I have 27 email accounts, two of them being sbcglobal.net accounts from AT&T, which is my ISP, and the others all Microsoft email accounts. I use the majority of the Microsoft email accounts to keep track of all the Chinese students and adults I teach English. I go to China quite often and I have students in several Chinese cities and this is the only way I can keep track of all of them. One Microsoft email account will be for those in Beijing, another one for those in Chongqing, another one for those in Guangzhou, another one for those in Shanghai, etc, etc, etc. I've duplicated appx. ten of them in the Windows 10 Mail app but if I can't accomplish what I want I don't want to spend the time adding the others.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.

:)

Sichuan, Dec 11, 2015

2. Organize Mail in Windows 10

You have pointed to the Window 8 mail app, which is different from the Windows 10 mail app.

The Windows 10 mail app doesn't have even the functionality that was in the very limited Windows 8 mail app.

A_User_Here, Dec 11, 2015
  3. W Day Win User
    Send To Mail Recipient [Broken] Windows 10

Same issue here. Upgraded to windows 10 using new mail app as default. Setup mail app as instructed. When I right click on a doc/photo, select send to mail recipient; windows says there is no default mail app. Unfortunately, there is no instructions
    for setting up the default windows 10 mail app as the default mail app. Major fubar MS! Need help with this now? What is the name and location of the mail app?????

W Day, Dec 11, 2015
  4. DerDonc Win User

Windows Mail App

In your case I would seriously recommend you Outlook 2016. Since you have 27 email accounts, I imagine that the standard mail app for Windows 10 is not sufficient. If you´re used to Windows Live Mail 2012, changing to Outlook is probably the best option, since it´s quite similar.

DerDonc, Dec 11, 2015
  5. gpstoloff Win User
    Ni hao, Sichuan.

WLM will still continue to work, but you will need to patch it.

What the E-mail is discussing is the change in Outlook.com to use new synch protocols (search "DeltaSync vs. EAS").

This is the issue: MS is performing this upgrade in waves of Outlook.com accounts. Unfortunately, they jumped too soon to send out this message to all WLM users.

Here's the word (courtesy of Ron Sommer MVP):

Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?

KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).

If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.

No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.

An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.

gpstoloff, Dec 11, 2015
  6. Sichuan Win User
    Hello DerDonc,

I just took advantage of the free one year subscription to Office 365 Personal, which gives me Outlook 2016. I have successfully exported from WLM my two sbcglobal.net email accounts and all the Microsoft email accounts. Prior to the expiration of the subscription I will probably cancel the automatic renewal and purchase the Outlook 2016 standalone product so I don't have to pay a yearly renewal fee to use Outlook 2016. I'll try to do it in such a way that I won't have to add the existing 27 email accounts in Outlook 2016 to the standalone Outlook 2016.

Sichuan, Jul 3, 2016
  7. Sichuan Win User
    Ni hao, gpstoloff. I am hen hao. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it very much. I am now using Outlook 2016.

Sichuan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Mail App

1. Windows Mail App - Similar Threads - Mail App

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  4. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  5. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  7. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  8. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  9. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  10. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...