Windows 10: windows mail app

Discus and support windows mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All was going well for months; I have 3 email accounts in my windows app then I saw a danger sign across gmail. I deleted it thinking I could recreate... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maranna, Aug 1, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

windows mail app

All was going well for months; I have 3 email accounts in my windows app then I saw a danger sign across gmail. I deleted it thinking I could recreate it as I did initially but as the print screen shows I cannot. I have tried to set it up manually to no avail. I ran SFC and did a system restore. I am afraid of password trouble if I recover a Macrium image as I just reset all 12 passwords.
    I had trouble with Thunderbird as it is too hard for me. The other apps have restrictions like only two accounts and I have three.
    Is there a way to reset or fix gmail in the windows email app? The gmail account you see in the app is the one that does not work after the manual try. I would like to fix or reset gmail if I can, in the app. Gmail works fine everywhere else on phones chromebook except the windows desktop I am using. I am updated, btw.

:)

maranna, Aug 1, 2017

2. Organize Mail in Windows 10

You have pointed to the Window 8 mail app, which is different from the Windows 10 mail app.

The Windows 10 mail app doesn't have even the functionality that was in the very limited Windows 8 mail app.

A_User_Here, Aug 1, 2017
  3. W Day Win User
    Send To Mail Recipient [Broken] Windows 10

Same issue here. Upgraded to windows 10 using new mail app as default. Setup mail app as instructed. When I right click on a doc/photo, select send to mail recipient; windows says there is no default mail app. Unfortunately, there is no instructions
    for setting up the default windows 10 mail app as the default mail app. Major fubar MS! Need help with this now? What is the name and location of the mail app?????

W Day, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

windows mail app

Delete the Gmail Account and start again.
    It should pretty much do it all by itself. I have never done it manually.

You may have to do this more than once.

Helmut, Aug 1, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    I did delete the Gmail account and try to re-enter it but it wouldn't work I also removed and reinstalled the application itself to no avail

maranna, Aug 1, 2017
  6. maranna Win User
    I ran trouble shooter which found the store to be corrupt and fixed the files there.
    I have to think about this.

maranna, Aug 1, 2017
  7. maranna Win User
    I wanted to finish the thread I started.
    I kept trying to uninstall/reinstall etc. that mail app.

I received a popup from Google followed by an email, that they were blocking gmails installation ; the reason given was it could compromise my security. They gave a link to a site where I could change the setting.
    The app works fine and I can work with all my email accounts.
    I don't think my security has been compromised and further, many others think the app was the problem.
    I hope any who wanted that app will read this and be able to release the grip Google has on them.

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows mail app

1. windows mail app - Similar Threads - mail app

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  4. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  5. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  7. What is going on with the mail app?!!!

What is going on with the mail app?!!!: This morning i went into the app and in to the inbox only to be faced with 'nothing has arrived yet' i have thousands of emails - after moments of panic i looked and saw that there were 2 new folders at the bottom of the list of folders OwaFV15.1ALLFocused and...
  8. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  9. is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?

is it possible to configure the onprem mailbox to the new oulook mail app?: We are trying to configure the onprem mailbox in the new outlook mail app of windows but we are getting error:"We couldn't reach the mail server. Please try again."But when we use the advance setup then select office 365/exchange we are now getting this error:"Something went...
  10. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...