Windows 10: Windows Mail Archive Button

Discus and support Windows Mail Archive Button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, In Windows mail I have three accounts set up. Two of them are gmail accounts, the third is a mail.com account. With the gmail accounts I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LandonMiller1, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Windows Mail Archive Button

Hello,

In Windows mail I have three accounts set up. Two of them are gmail accounts, the third is a mail.com account. With the gmail accounts I have the option to quickly archive emails using the toolbar button or the "quick action" button on the email card itself. However, for the mail.com account, the archive buttons do not appear in either location. In order to archive I have to select the "..." button to open more menu options, select "Move," and then select the Archives folder. How can I get the Archive buttons to appear so that I can archive faster with this account?

Thank you,

:)

LandonMiller1, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Jeong-hun Win User

Is it possible to replace the "Delete" button with "Archive" button in Mail?

I am using Gmail with the Mail (Version 17.8004) client on Windows 10.

In the list and in the notification popup, there only are "Delete" and "Set Flag" buttons. But I usually do not delete e-mails; I archive them.

I can right-click the list and choose "Archive", but it would be more convenient if I could easily archive them with a single click. I could not find any option to use archiving instead of deleting in the options.

Is it possible?

Jeong-hun, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 13, 2019
  4. JTBurnett Win User

Windows Mail Archive Button

Archiving in Windows 10 Mail App

Hi

I wasn't sure if this was a Windows question, or Office.

I use Outlook 2013 with Gmail.

In the Windows 10 Start menu I have the large tile "Mail" associated with those. Works fine. However, there is an "Arcive" button everywhere, and no Archive folder listed in the Folders Pane, or whatever that's called.

In Gmail is the Archived folder called "All Mail" or...?

I accidentally clicked Archive on a message, thinking it was Move, it went somewhere, but where??

Thank you

JTBurnett, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail Archive Button

1. Windows Mail Archive Button - Similar Threads - Mail Archive Button

2. Retrieving archived mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving archived mail: Important emails accidently archived rather than moved to folder. How do I get them back? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-archived-mail/76f61b49-74e9-4c4e-a673-a0d4d44cd17b
  3. Accessing Archived mail folders

Accessing Archived mail folders: Hi - don't know if anyone can help or even if there is a workaround. I have had the same hotmail account for years but since changing to Mail for Windows I cant link to the old archived .pst folders that I saved. I used to be able to simply click and then pick up the...
  4. Windows 10 mail archive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail archive: Here is my dilemma. I worked for a company that used google business including gmail. I used the windows 10 email client for gmail, and not their web mail. When I left the company, they obviously rescinded my access to those accounts. All I care about is my emails from the...
  5. archiving e-mails in Windows 10

archiving e-mails in Windows 10: Hi, hope somebody can help. I have recently started using a ‘new’ Windows 10 laptop that I actually bought about 3 years ago – been in its box since then. I have had e-mail set up but am unable to organise mails into separate projectsas was possible with Windows 7. I...
  6. In Win 10 Mail Archive

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Win 10 Mail Archive: In Win 10 Mail, I have Archived one of my email folders, but I can't figure how to copy or download the Archived emails for use elsewhere. I would like copy all of the emails in that folder so that I can send them to a friend....
  7. Windows Mail Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Archive: Just moved to this app from windows live mail Accidently hit the archive button, where did the email go? I don't see an archive folder... I do notice when I click on, and enter "all mail" the email is now shown, however if I'm in the inbox it isn't. (Wish I could get rid...
  8. Can't archive e-mails in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't archive e-mails in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi I can't archive my e-mails anymore (gmail) with the Windows 10 Mail app (version 17.9330.21365.0), only the trash icon is appearing. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance Stefan...
  9. How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button

in Browsers and Email
    How to set mail alerts to show delete button vs archive button: Comparing 4 computers with: Windows 10 build 1703 x64 All have the latest updates from Windows Update All have the same version of the Mail client from Windows Store All have Office 2016 without Outlook 1 computer shows the delete button in the email alert notification...
  10. Where is "Archive" in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Where is "Archive" in Mail app: Hi all, Just started to use the "Mail" app on a new work PC I built with W-10 Pro. Eval. copy Build 14316.rs1 release 160402-2217 I have 5 accounts set up on it and sort of like it. The only confusing thing I found, and haven't found an answer, is what happens to messages...