Windows 10: Windows Mail asking for password every now and then

Discus and support Windows Mail asking for password every now and then in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I've got 4 accounts set up on the Windows 10 Mail app (2 GMail, 1 private, and 1 Outlook address). The first 3 addresses work fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MerciéDavid, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Windows Mail asking for password every now and then

Hello.

I've got 4 accounts set up on the Windows 10 Mail app (2 GMail, 1 private, and 1 Outlook address).

The first 3 addresses work fine, but about 2 months ago the app started asking me to enter my outlook password every few days.

I tried to delete and recreate the account twice, but it keeps asking me to re-enter the password every now and then for no apparent reason.

I have the same settings on another computer and I have no problem whatsoever.

How can I stop that ? It's only my outlook address that's behaving like this, I don't really get it.

:)

MerciéDavid, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail asking for password every now and then :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Hitman Win User

Windows Mail asking for password every now and then

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail asking for password every now and then

1. Windows Mail asking for password every now and then - Similar Threads - Mail asking password

2. Windows is asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is asking for password: Ive recently used this command to create some logon time restrictions:net user/time.........And now windows is asking for a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-asking-for-password/46d748c9-d268-43c5-b2b9-9160a4f9e594
  3. Windows is asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is asking for password: Ive recently used this command to create some logon time restrictions:net user/time.........And now windows is asking for a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-asking-for-password/46d748c9-d268-43c5-b2b9-9160a4f9e594
  4. Windows is asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows asking for password: Windows updated on my dads computer. Not sure what version. He does not use a password it keeps asking for a password. How do I get around this. I only know enough to get myself in trouble Thanks...
  6. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password: So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password submitted by /u/Ojash5 [link] [comments]...
  7. All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.: Somehow in trying to get Windows to work like I'd like, fat chance, I've got it so every thing that I want to do requires my password, and it says it's wrong. I can't boot into safe mode without this password. I can't even Reset 10 or Clean refresh 10 because of this...
  8. windows 10 now asking for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 now asking for password: windows 10 as of today is now asking for a password on my seagate personal cloud. this is not password protected and its NOT a seagate issue. yesterday i could click the personal cloud icon and poof everything was available, now it asks for a password. how do i get it to stop...
  9. Now asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...
  10. Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mail app repeatedly asks for password update: Can't really add much more to the problem but every time I open mail to view my mail account , password out of date pops up . The mail account does open and everything looks fine , Help anyone ? 18512