Windows 10: Windows Mail Calendar Settings

Discus and support Windows Mail Calendar Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Mail is scanning my emails and automatically creating calendar reminders based on plans I make in the emails. I didn't set these reminders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jodcook42, Mar 9, 2020.

1. jodcook42 Win User

Windows Mail Calendar Settings

Windows Mail is scanning my emails and automatically creating calendar reminders based on plans I make in the emails. I didn't set these reminders and I don't want this feature to be active. please advise on how to disable.

:)

jodcook42, Mar 9, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail Calendar Settings :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Mail Calendar Settings - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Settings

2. Windows Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail & Calendar: My partner shares her Windows Calendar with me. Currently all my partner's appointments are displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar as "Private Appointment".What needs to be done for the detail of my partner's appointments to be displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar?All...
  3. Windows Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail & Calendar: My partner shares her Windows Calendar with me. Currently all my partner's appointments are displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar as "Private Appointment".What needs to be done for the detail of my partner's appointments to be displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar?All...
  4. windows mail and calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows mail and calendar: Reset Surface Pro7+ to 21h1 version, Mail now seems not to store mail locally but only on Cloud server, resulting in very slow response. Can I change any settings to improve this?...
  5. Microsoft Mail and Calendar registry settings

Microsoft Mail and Calendar registry settings: I am assisting a widow who's husband is logged into Windows Mail and CalendarNOT OUTLOOK however she does not know the mail password. I'm assuming it is stored in registry somewhere, does anyone know where this can be found?***It is NOT stored in credential manager***I saw...
  6. Windows mail and Calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows mail and Calendar: WHERE oh WHERE can I get instructions to set up my Mail/Calendar on the free Home Version for Windows 10. It seems to have disappeared from my laptop. I am definitely NOT computer savvy so I would love it if instructions would be as simple as possible. Thanking you in...
  7. Mail and Calendar notification setting missing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar notification setting missing: hi I dont receive the notification from my reminder setted from time/calndar try icon. system -> notification and action -> mail and calendar Missing option ! system -> privacy -> background apps -> mail and calendar Activated i tryed uninstall and reinstall mail an...
  8. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  9. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862
  10. Mail & Calendar

Mail & Calendar: New version Of Mail & Calendar App available from Windows 10 Store You may find when you to Store that it is ready to be downloaded A notice may come up to close it and download it again That is what I did and it went in ok 41466