Windows 10: Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015

Discus and support Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I broke something. I tried to add an old email account to Windows Mail. Windows Mail automatically detected my IMAP and SMTP servers, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tombax, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Tombax Win User

Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015

I broke something.

I tried to add an old email account to Windows Mail.

Windows Mail automatically detected my IMAP and SMTP servers, but it listed them strangely.
    IMAP was - secure.emailsrvr.com:993:1
    SMTP was - secure.emailsrvr.com:465:1

The account wouldn't sync. I thought it was strange that there was the extra :1 on the end, so I deleted it.

That's when things got weird...

Mail froze and wouldn't back out of the account settings window.

I tried the following:
    I reset the mail app from system settings > unwanted account is still there.

I uninstalled the app with powershell then reinstalled > unwanted account is still there.

I restored my computer to an earlier date > unwanted account is still there.

I want to avoid resetting my PC.

This ONLY affects MY profile, none of the other profiles are affected.

This is the account I want to remove:

Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015 72c4f4c3-dbe9-4ff6-ba04-50720da94496?upload=true.png

These are the errors that pile up when I try to open "Account Settings" for that account:

Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015 a37b5566-b5f6-46d0-9334-5175ebf5a401?upload=true.png

I can't understand why this issue persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Mail and Calendar.

I can provide error log files upon request.

:)

Tombax, Jun 11, 2019
  2. tbdriver Win User

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Kim Hov Win User

Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015

0x8000FFFF Mail App error setting up hotmail account

I got the solution!!!!!

You have to go to your account in windows settings, and change your microsoft account ex "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" to local ex "hallo", and then you have to log out, and log in with your local account ex "hallo".

Now you can delete your mail account in mail and calendar. When you are done.

Then go back again to your account in windows settings, and change your local account ex "hallo" to your microsoft account ex "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", and then you have to log out, and log in with your microsoft account ex "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

Now mail account and calendar account works again, it is magic!!!!

Kim Hov, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Mail Cannot Remove Account, logs AccountsControlHost.exe error 0x40000015 - Similar Threads - Mail Cannot Remove

2. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  3. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Windows account: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. When I enter my credentials, it says "signing in" and immediately signs out. I cannot see the desktop. The event log shows the following error: The User Data Access_22a7cb7 service terminated with the following error: Class not...
  4. Cannot log in to Windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  6. Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe

Error "Windows cannot find ***.exe: I'm getting the error "windows cannot find ***.exe for all programs like taskmgr.exe regedit.exe advanced system settings, same error when I try to run command prompt as administrator. I did run it in recovery mode with the command sfc /scannow. Problem wasn't solved, and...
  7. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  8. Cannot log into account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into account: I have forgotten my PIN to access my account. The reset phone number I had listed was wrong so I tried to change it but have now found it takes 30 days for this to take effect. I can get access to the old phone number so would like to go back to trying this, but get the...
  9. cannot log into windows live mail

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot log into windows live mail: error message: asking for name and password which i have entered but it will not let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-windows-live-mail/0123fa72-4798-49d8-83f4-8c67728c3cb2
  10. Remove a account Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Remove a account Mail: I have been looking in tutorials and other posts and do not have a solution to this problem. In Mail I have two accounts. One is my personal MSN account and the other is a Exchange account with my former employer. Obviously the former employer has deactivated my account....
Tags: