Windows 10: Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo

Discus and support Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7 just last week for the first time. I have had a problem connecting to any of the Microsoft online apps i.e. Mail,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnIsaias, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7 just last week for the first time.

I have had a problem connecting to any of the Microsoft online apps i.e. Mail, Microsoft Store, Office etc..

I've been getting error codes 0x80131500 and 0x80190001.
    I also tried using my Mail app to connect my Gmail or Yahoo accounts and bypass the Hotmail account, but I also get a connection issue see error screenshot below and ofr other errors.

Can anyone help please?

Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo c3d90a89-bb5e-48f8-9df8-664ec451df97?upload=true.jpg

Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo 7a7c42df-dbff-4bc4-ba4b-f8596261b9b1?upload=true.jpg Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo e579d191-37f8-46ee-9a3c-3c358878d77c?upload=true.png

:)

JohnIsaias, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Yahoo Conflict With Gmail POP3

I opened an account with Gmail some months ago to use their POP3 service to collate my various Yahoo and Hotmail accounts in one place. All of a sudden, about two weeks ago, I find that I am unable to send from my Yahoo email address even though they were previously working on Gmail and all are well used friends and family email addresses.
    The problem happens in specific combinations, that is, sending from my Yahoo account to someone else's Yahoo account via Gmail and also it didn't work when I sent from my Yahoo, via Gmail, to my Hotmail, which I have registered to Gmail POP3. Both got bounced back.

How do I circumvent this problem and resume normal service.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Tommygunn, Apr 13, 2020
  3. BOSE Win User
    GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

Thats great news for every one, since hotmail gave away 5GB to its users a while ago.

Gmail will never be like Yahoo. Yahoos spam mail filter is crap since day one and they havent done anything about for a decade. Gmail is the most expensive name brand on this planet. The google/gmail founders and owners are on top 10 Forbes list.

So yeah, Gmail learned from others mistakes and made improvements on doing so.

4. Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo

Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo

1. Windows Mail - can't connect to Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo - Similar Threads - Mail can't connect

2. Can't connect Yahoo Mail Code: 0x800b010f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect Yahoo Mail Code: 0x800b010f: I was setting up email accounts via Mail app. I was able to set up Gmail emails without an issue. But Yahoo Mail gives error messages. After I entered Yahoo email, password window lasts for few seconds then new window appears with a message:"We can't connect to the service...
  3. Can't connect Yahoo Mail Code: 0x800b010f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect Yahoo Mail Code: 0x800b010f: I was setting up email accounts via Mail app. I was able to set up Gmail emails without an issue. But Yahoo Mail gives error messages. After I entered Yahoo email, password window lasts for few seconds then new window appears with a message:"We can't connect to the service...
  4. Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail: I have been setting up WIndows 11 in a new computer. I had not creating an account for my hotmail - but not so for my gmail address. I go to add the account, click on Google, give my email address and password, allow the list of things Mail needs click Next. Mail says it is...
  5. Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail

Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail: I have been setting up WIndows 11 in a new computer. I had not creating an account for my hotmail - but not so for my gmail address. I go to add the account, click on Google, give my email address and password, allow the list of things Mail needs click Next. Mail says it is...
  6. Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I've successfully added my Yahoo.ca account to Windows 10 mail in the past. For some reason it was disconnected. I tried adding it again using the account password and the app password created through Yahoo. Both don't work. I have two-step verification set up in...
  7. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  8. Syncing GMail and Yahoo mail

Syncing GMail and Yahoo mail: Error Code Ox8007042b. Can not fix the email accounts. After I updated to Windows 10 this started when I changed passwords with my internet carrier. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-gmail-and-yahoo-mail/eca18bf1-2b86-41a4-81b6-846aa225fec5
  9. Mail downloads gmail emails also into Hotmail

Mail downloads gmail emails also into Hotmail: Hi, I use the Mail desktop program for 2 email accounts Gmail and Hotmail. I receive my Gmail emails also into the Hotmail Inbox. How do I stop this, which setting am I missing? Thanks....
  10. Gmail over Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail over Yahoo: Advise please on moving from Yahoo to Gmail keeping same address. If info already exists please point me in the direction. 114667