Windows 10: Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode)

Discus and support Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Mail app crashes when loading email content that are generally reply attempts to anything with images or attachments. --- I'm using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drew Wesley, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode)

Windows Mail app crashes when loading email content that are generally reply attempts to anything with images or attachments.

---

I'm using a ThinkPad (W520) that uses Nvidia in 'Optimus mode', which seems to be culprit (affecting also other 'modern' apps that use any sort of graphics/gpu acceleration). And while VS Code doesn't crash, I have to use the --disable-gpu option in the target field. I can't find a setting to disable graphics/gpu acceleration anywhere, but think it would work if I could.

---

Windows Mail seems to work fine on systems that use integrated graphics only.

---

Windows 10 (x64) 1809

Mail Version 16005.11231.20192.0

:)

Drew Wesley, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Windows Mail

im pretty sure you can. i know outlook you can and windows mail is based upon outlook.

freaksavior, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Dilbert Win User

Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode)

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode)

1. Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode) - Similar Threads - Mail Crashes Replying

2. Windows 10 Mail App removes images on signture or mail when replying or forwarding mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail App removes images on signture or mail when replying or forwarding mail: Hello, I can add signature with picture If I compose an e-mail from beginning and there is no error. But If I reply or forward an e-mail, app removes image on signature or mail body. And It shows image as an attachment like shown below. [ATTACH] I think there is a...
  3. e-mail attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    e-mail attachments: I can't open attachments in my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy *** addresses. This has been happening for the last 10 days or so. Does it have to do with Norton? Please help....
  4. Mail attachments

Mail attachments: When trying to open catalogue attachment to auction mail received, it won't open and an icon appears which is a YELLOW SQUARE WITH MONKEY HEAD INSIDE and click1x1. What is this. Seems to be only happening since MICROSOFT EDGE format change recently....
  5. No Attachment in mail

No Attachment in mail: I tried to send an Email with a picture attached. the email comes but the attachment is not visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-attachment-in-mail/2ee517d7-6bd3-48d0-92cc-7e47bc8b6ab9
  6. I can't reply to mails nor can I send mail with attachments

I can't reply to mails nor can I send mail with attachments: I have MS mail and Mailbird. I receive all mail but I cannot send mail with attachments from either nor can I reply to emails. I can send emails which have no history, ie they have no antecedent. It's infuriating. I have Windows defender which I turned off with no result....
  7. E-mail attachments

E-mail attachments: Cannot attached files when sending e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-attachments/2f2e4129-5d02-4eb9-bfc1-b905de3a15bb
  8. Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.: My windows 10 pre-installed with Lenivo Yoga laptop came with Mail app pee installed. Whenever i try to attach an excel or word file to my mail the app freezes and i have to force quit the app. This ruins an otherwise excellent app. I have tried reinstalling the mail and...
  9. E-mail Attachment Dissapears from my Outlook Account When I reply to an E-mail?

E-mail Attachment Dissapears from my Outlook Account When I reply to an E-mail?: E-mail Attachment Dissapears from my Outlook Account When I reply to an E-mail. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/e-mail-attachment-dissapears-from-my-outlook/bc875795-8150-4f49-9847-5e6721aa5bfa
  10. Ofice Mail Attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Ofice Mail Attachments: Hello from Ireland: As I can't seem to get any help from the MS Office Crowd, I came here because I always get an answer here! In Office Mail, there seem to be no way to save pictures that are attached to an Email! The answers that I receive from the Office crowd in...