Windows 10: Windows Mail does not deselect a message when clicking on another message

Discus and support Windows Mail does not deselect a message when clicking on another message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Mail does not deselect a message when clicking on another message. I was getting frustrated with the application until I realized what was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Turribel, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Turribel Win User

Windows Mail does not deselect a message when clicking on another message

Windows Mail does not deselect a message when clicking on another message. I was getting frustrated with the application until I realized what was actually happening.

When I have a message selected, and I click another message it seems to me that the first message was not de-selected. It is like the application thinks I have the Crtl key pressed while selecting another message.

Is there a setting available to cancel this behavior?

:)

Turribel, Jan 18, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jan 18, 2021
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

4. jefflr Win User

Windows Live Mail error message

jefflr, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Mail does not deselect a message when clicking on another message - Similar Threads - Mail does deselect

2. Email messages display does not include older messages of yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email messages display does not include older messages of yahoo mail: Email messages do not include older messages that are displayed with yahoo mail. I see only 6 messages in my mail in box. Ne Ed to see all messages contained in yahoo mail?...
  3. Email messages display does not include older messages of yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email messages display does not include older messages of yahoo mail: Email messages do not include older messages that are displayed with yahoo mail. I see only 6 messages in my mail in box. Ne Ed to see all messages contained in yahoo mail?...
  4. Email messages display does not include older messages of yahoo mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Import mail messages

Import mail messages: How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mail-messages/58c592b6-4676-48e9-9330-a3524096ea30
  6. Windows 10 Mail app- Links in messages don't open when clicked

Windows 10 Mail app- Links in messages don't open when clicked: I keep on trying to open links in Mail for Windows 10, but it ALWAYS says, ' Unable to open https://___________________' I don't know what is wrong or if it is a bug, but it is really annoying that I have to copy it and then paste the link into Edge where I should just be...
  7. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  8. Windows Mail App in WIndows 10 - Copy a message to another folder

Windows Mail App in WIndows 10 - Copy a message to another folder: Currently I have multiple email accounts within the Windows Mail App. I am unable to find any copy feature within the app. How do I copy (not move) an email from one account to another - this feature was available in Live Mail as a right mouse click...
  9. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...
  10. Another failed message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another failed message: In windows update i have on 3 occasions over 2 days where it says upgrade failed. got me puzzled. i have all the updates 12358