Windows 10: Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Discus and support Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenGates1, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

Hi All,

I have emptied an unused Folder and tried to delete it from my list of Folders. It is now a sub-folder and displays under the Deleted folder. When I right click to delete the folder and asked do I really want to delete it, a message appears at the top of the screen in an orange coloured banner stating the Folder cannot be deleted.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards, Stephen

:)

StephenGates1, Jun 15, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete

1. Windows Mail. Empty Folder will not delete - Similar Threads - Mail Empty Folder

2. Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app: Hello,I've been trying for months to delete an empty Yahoo mail folder in the Windows Mail app. When I click on the folder, it shows that it is empty. However, when I click Delete, a message pops up that the folder can't be deleted because it's not empty. I just keep going in...
  3. Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting empty Yahoo mail folder in Windows Mail app: Hello,I've been trying for months to delete an empty Yahoo mail folder in the Windows Mail app. When I click on the folder, it shows that it is empty. However, when I click Delete, a message pops up that the folder can't be deleted because it's not empty. I just keep going in...
  4. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  5. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?

Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?: 2 questions 1. Is it safe to delete empty folders in OneDrive?2. is it safe to delete empty folders in pc storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-empty-folders-in-onedrive/d0a52d54-3369-4e3d-b341-25c16d84320e
  6. Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App

Unable to Delete Empty Folder in Mail App: Hello Community, I am using the Mail app on my laptop to check my Yahoo email. There are 2 similar folders named "drafts" and "draft." The folder named "drafts" has the rename, delete and move options greyed out. I am assuming this is a folder I cannot delete. However,...
  7. Unable to delete an empty folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete an empty folder: I'm getting error message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." The folder structure is: Documents/LOGS/Documents/Daily Logs Documents/LOGS/Documents/Musings Documents/LOGS/Documents/TEDHNICAL/...
  8. Empty folders being automatically deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folders being automatically deleted: My empty folders on the Documents one are automatically deleted against my will. 144775
  9. W10 deleted my empty folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 deleted my empty folders?: I had some folders with music and media in general. Some of them where empty, just to remind me what I had to download later. Today I wake up, turn on my computer and notice they are not there anymore. WTF MICROSOFT? Can someone relate to that? How can I solve it? I'm...
  10. Deleted Windows mail Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted Windows mail Folder: I have tried to activate windows mail inwindows 10. I have did this on windows7 & 8 no problem. I have deleted the windows mail folder, now I can not paste the winows 8.1 windows mail back in the .*cry 31099

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail folders will not empty