Windows 10: Windows Mail in the latest Update converted All My Outlook Files to .eml. I cannot now...

Discus and support Windows Mail in the latest Update converted All My Outlook Files to .eml. I cannot now... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, One of the latest Windows 10 Updates installed "Mail" on my pc. I accidentally started this and it converted all my saved email files on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlM8, Mar 2, 2020.

1. AlM8 Win User

Windows Mail in the latest Update converted All My Outlook Files to .eml. I cannot now...

Hi,

One of the latest Windows 10 Updates installed "Mail" on my pc.

I accidentally started this and it converted all my saved email files on my pc without warning to "Mail" format ie. a .eml extension.

I DON'T want to use "Mail" as I'm quite happy with Outlook and have all my existing message in there.

However, I cannot not open any of my saved Outlook messages due to the .eml conversion.

Changing the extension to .msg doesn't work as Windows just say the file can't be opened by Outlook as it's corrupted.

Can Microsoft please tell me how to convert these back or make available a conversion tool.

No update should be concerting people's files without warning or permission.

:)

AlM8, Mar 2, 2020

2. EML (.eml) Files

I have several .eml files saved to "Documents".

While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print".

Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update.

Present option is to use EML --> PDF converter.

Any ideas for direct printing please?

DavidWills1, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Folke-N Win User
    Mails attached to mails or opening *.eml files

Have a 950XL with the latest update to Outlook Mail.

When I receive a mail with an attached mail (i.e. an *.eml file) this attached mail does not open. Have downloaded the mail - it is after all only a file - to the phones memory and tried to open it from within the file explorer.

There I get the friendly message that "Launch File - Something went wrong. Could not launch the file"

Have searched for an app that could read *.eml - files (guess that's what outlook is supposed to do?) but couldn't find any.

Any good ideas?

Thanks in adavance and all the best

Folke

Folke-N, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Folke-N Win User

Windows Mail in the latest Update converted All My Outlook Files to .eml. I cannot now...

Mails attached to mails or opening *.eml files

Kind of funny how things repeat...

After the latest update to 15254.313 - which actually fixed the problem with opening pdf-files that went bust after the previous update - mails attached to mails (eml-files) won't open any more.

Any suggestions?

TIA & Brgds

Folke

Folke-N, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Mail in the latest Update converted All My Outlook Files to .eml. I cannot now... - Similar Threads - Mail latest Update

2. Converting Mail to outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting Mail to outlook: Hi, I am trying to switch to outlook from Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 but had no luck lately. I don't have the files option to export anything. Below is a screenshot of options i do have available. Hope you can help...
  3. Converting Mail to outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting Mail to outlook: Hi, I am trying to switch to outlook from Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 but had no luck lately. I don't have the files option to export anything. Below is a screenshot of options i do have available. Hope you can help...
  4. EML (.eml) Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  5. Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files

Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files: I have been using Windows Live Mail within the Windows 10 Operating System. I want to transfer all of my saved email (with the .eml extension) over to Outlook 2013 on a different laptop. Nothing I have tried so far has been successful. And I don't see where Outlook stores...
  6. eSoftTools EML to MSG Converter

eSoftTools EML to MSG Converter: eSoftTools EML to MSG Converter software used to simply converts all data EML mails to MSG emails Outook files in just a few seconds and recover & Eport all mails-EML files to MSG data by this tool instantly. This software has no require outlook through conversion and it...
  7. Convert .eml files to .pst

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert .eml files to .pst: dears, I am using the mail app for windows 10, and I am planing to move to cloud service *office365 and I want to use outlook, so how can I migrate from .eml to .pst without using third party tool, is't possible? and if its possible how can import to outlook 2013,2016?...
  8. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail: Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The...
  9. Eml mail

in Browsers and Email
    Eml mail: ​How do you open Eml mail in Windows 10? 33545
  10. mail app NOT eml

in Browsers and Email
    mail app NOT eml: Am I missing something ? Mail App doesn't open .eml files ? Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ? Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ? 7939