Windows 10: Windows Mail is starting my webcam

Discus and support Windows Mail is starting my webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It only started today but when I open Windows Mail my webcam light turns on. I don't want to disable my webcam as I need it for video conferencing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by welshboy166, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows Mail is starting my webcam

It only started today but when I open Windows Mail my webcam light turns on.

I don't want to disable my webcam as I need it for video conferencing. I had one video conference this morning on Zoom and all was working fine but for my second my video would not work and I am assuming it's down to this.

I see no reason why Mail should start up the webcam. Help please!!

:)

welshboy166, Aug 10, 2020

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Mail is starting my webcam

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail is starting my webcam :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail is starting my webcam

1. Windows Mail is starting my webcam - Similar Threads - Mail starting webcam

2. Zoom crashes when webcam starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Zoom crashes when webcam starts: This is not a question - but a possible solution.After trying everything everyone on the internet suggested with no luck - I suspected that it was my anti-virus software.I use Bitdefender - but I would guess any antivirus could also be the problem if the software monitors...
  3. My mail and start don't seem to be working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mail and start don't seem to be working: I use windows 10 -about 2 hours ago both my mail, notification, search and start icons on my taskbar no longer work. When I try accessing them there is no action. How can i fix this issue?...
  4. My webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    My webcam: I have a new HP laptop and Im trying to figure out how to get color in my webcam. It is in black and white. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam/1548d2ad-a6cb-4872-96b7-340150a6334c
  5. My webcam

My webcam: My webcam works but displays no image, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam/84c31951-4f58-47d9-87cc-56824b3fa1e1
  6. Mail for Windows 10 fail to start

Mail for Windows 10 fail to start: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 10, set up for two users. I am the Administrator, my husband is a User. Mail for Windows 10 works for my husband when he is logged in to his account, but when I am logged in to my account Mail fails to start. This is a recent issue - it used...
  7. my e mail address on my start screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my e mail address on my start screen: My grand daughter is about to start university, she does not want her e mail address for all to see on the start up screen, any idiot looking over her shoulder can flood her e mail box, with unwanted emails how do we delete this e mail on her start up, mine included...
  8. Webcam in start, opens wrong program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam in start, opens wrong program: when i click on the webcam in start list, it opens maps, is there a way to change the program to, open my webcam, I have looked everywhere. please help, i just need it to open my webcam !!!...
  9. webcam won't start in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam won't start in windows 10: How do I record a video with my integrated webcam on windows 10. I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-wont-start-in-windows-10/5a4e5ad3-3f0a-496d-ad2d-6c757c13b791
  10. Windows Live Mail Auto Starting

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Auto Starting: Help please, Does anyone know why or how to stop my Windows Live Mail from starting up automatically when I turn on my computer ? I have checked ALL the startup, services, start up folder and the rest of autos all to no avail. any ideas greatly appreciated. I am using...