Windows 10: Windows Mail isn't running in background

Discus and support Windows Mail isn't running in background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't get any notifications of new emails until I open the app. I already tried to reinstall and check the "allow to running in background" option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HorryStorm, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Windows Mail isn't running in background

I don't get any notifications of new emails until I open the app. I already tried to reinstall and check the "allow to running in background" option.

:)

HorryStorm, Oct 6, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail isn't running in background :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Windows Mail isn't running in background

Does mail run in the background?

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I can't see windows 10 email app on background apps area, and I don't know how to put it there.
    I tryed to uninstall, mas I couldn't. It seems that it is system protected app.
    Any recommendation?
    Thanks in advance,
    HHC [/quote] L: My Computer
    Windows Mail isn't running in background [​IMG]
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Onda v891w

[*]
    bobconner Junior Member Posts : 3 Windows 10
    New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #5 Mail is in background
    L: My Computer
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop

[*]
    Junior Member Posts : 3 Windows 10 New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #6
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Onda v891w

[*]
    thunderclap Member Posts : 99 Windows 10 New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #7
    You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom Build
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory: Corsair 16GB
    Graphics Card: MSI GTX 970 4G
    Monitor(s) Displays: ASUS
    Screen Resolution: 1080p
    Keyboard: Logitech
    Mouse: Logitech
    PSU: Corsair
    Case: NZXT
    Cooling: Corsair H80
    Browser: Chrome
    Antivirus: Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

[*]
    [*]
    Junior Member Posts : 3 Windows 10 New[/b] 31 Jul 2015 #8

helderhcruz, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail isn't running in background

1. Windows Mail isn't running in background - Similar Threads - Mail isn't running

2. Windows Update running in background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update running in background: While, I am using my pc windows suddenly starts an updateIt doesn't restart my pc rather it runs in background and my pc becomes a sloth everything crashes and after a while the windows explorer crashes and the screen becomes white or black and I have to forcefully turn off...
  3. Windows Update running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update running in background: While, I am using my pc windows suddenly starts an updateIt doesn't restart my pc rather it runs in background and my pc becomes a sloth everything crashes and after a while the windows explorer crashes and the screen becomes white or black and I have to forcefully turn off...
  4. Windows Update running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mail and weather app not running in background

mail and weather app not running in background: why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please....
  6. mail doesn't run in the background

mail doesn't run in the background: I tried everything but mail doesn't run in the background. it only updates mail when I refresh it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-doesnt-run-in-the-background/885f56f2-0825-49cb-a466-cb1d318e026d
  7. Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?: When I used to use the windows mail app a couple of months ago it would run in the background and continue to receive emails even when the app was closed. Now I've noticed it only receives emails if the app is actively open. I've checked my settings and verified it is a part...
  8. Mail app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app in background: I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this. Edit: If not possible,...
  9. Mail not running in background

Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  10. Does mail run in the background?

in Browsers and Email
    Does mail run in the background?: I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I have three email accounts and was wondering if I 'X' out of the program if it runs in the background. I would rather not have it on my toolbar. Thank you in advance. 10353