Windows 10: windows mail never syncs email from aol account... have tried everything

Discus and support windows mail never syncs email from aol account... have tried everything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ok.. had to have windows 10 rebuilt on my laptop... went to add email back to windows 10 ... cannot bring up any emails in windows 10 mail... 1. used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wendyjohnson1010, Feb 15, 2021.

1. windows mail never syncs email from aol account... have tried everything

ok.. had to have windows 10 rebuilt on my laptop... went to add email back to windows 10 ... cannot bring up any emails in windows 10 mail...

1. used the advance install option 3 times installed deleted repeatedly.. adding imap.aol.com & smtp.aol.com... nothing syncs

2. sent test from web email at aol... it arrives... NOTHING SHOWS UP IN window 10 mail

3. went to windows defender - verified that mail & calendar are allowed thru the firewall

4. this used to work fine until the rebuild...

Any suggestions because everything else suggested on the community boards has not worked

:)

wendyjohnson1010, Feb 15, 2021
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Setting up AOL email with Windows 10

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. AOL ist jetzt Teil von Verizon Media

Here’s how to sync AOL e-mail with Windows 10 mail app 1. Remove you AOL account and add it again:
    • in the Mail or Calendar app, select Settings
    • Go to Accounts > Delete an account > select and delete the AOL account.
    2. Check the server settings in the Mail app:
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > select the AOL account
    • Click on Mailbox Sync Settings and make sure the following settings are there:
      • IMAP Username: YourUsername@aol.com
      • Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com (Use port 143 for standard or 993 for SSL connections).
      • SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com. Set the port to 587.
      • SMTP Username: YourUsername@aol.com.
      • SMTP Password: password you use to login to Windows 10 Mail app.
    (courtesy of [Solved] Can't sync AOL emails with Windows 10 Mail

7ff2a89d-4617-4f57-9a1a-ca8dc82d7e88, Feb 15, 2021
  4. windows mail never syncs email from aol account... have tried everything

Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

windows mail never syncs email from aol account... have tried everything

1. windows mail never syncs email from aol account... have tried everything - Similar Threads - mail never syncs

2. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  3. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  4. sync email aol to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  5. sync email aol to windows mail

sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  6. Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync

Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync: using the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop and I keep getting a message for my AOL account saying We Couldn't Access this Account. AOL. You might need to Update your password or give the account access to sync to this device. When I click on the little triangle with the...
  7. aol email sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    aol email sync: aol email sync quit working. anyone know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email-sync/204e7840-3cd2-4f4b-b4bb-362bcccde6c2
  8. Aol Mail and Email App

Aol Mail and Email App: How can I add my aol email account to the email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-and-email-app/508e8665-83ff-42f4-bc31-f43620de3cba
  9. aol mail account

aol mail account: I cannot access my aol email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-account/0db8278e-cfec-4c46-8e17-2f3cb8b505a6
  10. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...