Windows 10: Windows Mail new message count stuck again

Discus and support Windows Mail new message count stuck again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This problem first appeared for me after 2004 in the little tablet/2in1 that I was trying to conserve memory and disk space in. Fixed it the first time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeBrady29, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windows Mail new message count stuck again

This problem first appeared for me after 2004 in the little tablet/2in1 that I was trying to conserve memory and disk space in. Fixed it the first time by resetting the app. Reappeared after the February 2021 cumulative update which should have had nothing to do with apps?. Nothing worked - lots of suggestions in old threads, but the obvious basic one - unpinning, then repinning after a restart - doesn't work. Neither does app reset, this time. So I did what I should have done a long time ago. Word to the wise: uninstall Mail & Calendar, and install Thunderbird. Real Outlook is probably OK, too, if you have a company contract.

Other than the nuclear option I exercised at a cost in limited disk space, are there any other options that actually work? Mail and Calendar both worked as mail and calendar clients, even with Google as the central calendar; Mail is just subject to this periodic especially since Win10 2004 craziness with the unread mail count, which leads to concern about other problems under the hood. Would prefer NOT to be using TBird in the tablet due to space constraints, but if I have to...

Is there a version of the free Outlook Mobile client have that in my phone for "desktop" Win10 on tablet/2in1 hardware? I have the old Office Mobile apps in the tablet, and they work, but there's no Outlook in that package.

:)

MikeBrady29, Feb 22, 2021

2. Windows Live Mail 2012 cannot create new message or reply and have lost folders

Hi Mary,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Is the issue specific to Windows Live Mail 2012?

• What is the error message you get when you say “cannot create any new messages or reply to messages”?

Suggest you to check if you are able to access the web mail using a browser to check if you are able to create new mails and also to reply to any mail.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow these steps to repair Windows Essentials to check if that helps:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “appwiz.cpl” and hit enter.

• Select “Windows Essentials 2012” and click “change/uninstall”.

• Select “Repair all Windows Essentials programs” and follow the on-screen directions to repair Windows Essentials.

Once this is done restart the pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail new message count stuck again :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail new message count stuck again

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Mail new message count stuck again

1. Windows Mail new message count stuck again - Similar Threads - Mail message count

2. Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created: I saw a message in another thread that has what appears to be my exact issue. That thread is locked so I can't comment further but I tried the solutions listed and am still at a loss. I just recently upgraded to windows 11 and that is when this problem started. I am using...
  3. Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created: I saw a message in another thread that has what appears to be my exact issue. That thread is locked so I can't comment further but I tried the solutions listed and am still at a loss. I just recently upgraded to windows 11 and that is when this problem started. I am using...
  4. Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created: I am using Windows Mail which I vastly prefer to Outlook however on one of my accounts I am getting sent messages stuck in the Outbox and multiple blank drafts created. The account is through my business domain provider.Restarting my computer allows the message to send but I...
  5. Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created

Windows Mail - Messages Stuck in Outbox and Multiple Drafts Created: I am using Windows Mail which I vastly prefer to Outlook however on one of my accounts I am getting sent messages stuck in the Outbox and multiple blank drafts created. The account is through my business domain provider.Restarting my computer allows the message to send but I...
  6. Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count: I have Office 365, and use Outlook.com as the mail server. I normally prefer to use Windows 10 Mail as my local mail application.In the Windows 10 Mail local application, my Junk folder always shows the total number of read and unread messages, even if there are no unread...
  7. Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count

Windows 10 Mail "Junk Email" folder includes read messages in unread count: I have Office 365, and use Outlook.com as the mail server. I normally prefer to use Windows 10 Mail as my local mail application.In the Windows 10 Mail local application, my Junk folder always shows the total number of read and unread messages, even if there are no unread...
  8. Mail never checks for new messages

Mail never checks for new messages: So I've had this problem for months. No matter what frequency I set Mail & Calendar to sync to, it never checks for new messages on its own. No background syncing, no notifications, ever. It only ever syncs when I manually open the app. I reset the app, I manually...
  9. Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?: I'm using Windows Mail (the envelope icon) that comes standard with Windows 10 (not the browser based program). When reading mail messages in the Inbox, I'd like to click or double-click on the message and have the message automatically open up in a new window instead of in...
  10. Mail App email count

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App email count: Is there a way to see an email count in the mail app? For example, when I'm in my inbox, how can I tell the total number of email in the inbox. I've just switched from Windows Live Mail (which is being depreciated) which had a count on the bottom pane. 49777