Windows 10: Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

Discus and support Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LizzieMcGowan, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs

:)

LizzieMcGowan, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Aug 17, 2022
  3. wylbur Win User
    Merge Message Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail (or not).

Hi all,

I've messed up, and I hope that someone can help me out.

I've set up Windows Live Mail on a new system (Windows 10),
    then downloaded a lot of messages from the server to the
    default folder that WLM sets up on installation.

I know how to change that default folder:

File > Options > Mail ...
    Advanced > Maintenance ...

Store Folders

C:\Users\Sys_2016\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

My problem is that I did not do that before letting WLM
    go online and download messages, and I have all of the old
    messages from the system that I was previously using as
    my email client copied to a folder on my new system.

What I want to do is to merge everything from the default folder
    that WLM has downloaded my most-recent messages into with
    everything from the folder that I've copied over from the old system.

But I may not have to, if WLM behaves as I hope that it might.

If I just change the download folder (using the steps above)
    to the folder path on the logical drive that has all of my
    old messages, would WLM then redownload all of the messages
    that it has downloaded in the meantime?

(All of the messages are still on the server.)

That seems too simple, and I'm concerned that I'm going to
    mess myself up more than I already have.

Thanks!

wylbur, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching (other did download)

Windows Mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching (other messages did download)

LizzieMcGowan, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

1. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server - Similar Threads - mail messages are

2. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  3. Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mail App to Remove my Messages from Server: I haven't found the setting yet but, how do I tell the Mail app to remove messages from my server.This is a POP3 account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-mail-app-to-remove-my-messages-from-server/853f22fe-8429-47ab-95bc-5b1cc8d16dbe
  4. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server: Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs...
  5. Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server

Windows mail not all messages are downloaded from server: Windows Mail downloads most message to my desktop but not all. When I synch it tells me that it is fully synched but if I check the server I can see e.g. now 2 messages still there: one from hours ago another from yesterday not junk, fully legit msgs...
  6. Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download: Windows Mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other messages did download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-a-message-is-on-the-server-but-does/01f01caf-8f7a-47fd-bc58-4a6aa5208bc5
  7. Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download

Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download: Windows Mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other messages did download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-a-message-is-on-the-server-but-does/01f01caf-8f7a-47fd-bc58-4a6aa5208bc5
  8. Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Mail program will not download messages

Mail program will not download messages: Initially I could not get Mail to work at all. I followed Microsoft recommendations and deleted the App and downloaded it again from the Microsoft store. I got the emails showing up with my internet provider but it says to download message and pics. I have tried all...
  10. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...