Windows 10: Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

Discus and support Windows Mail not displaying reply emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just downloaded Mail on a new computer. Works as normal except now replies I have made to emails are noted by the curved arrow in index, but I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarryD2, Feb 23, 2020.

1. BarryD2 Win User

Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

I just downloaded Mail on a new computer. Works as normal except now replies I have made to emails are noted by the curved arrow in index, but I cant access them. Usually they are above the original email. The messages are grouped by conversation in settings.

Any ideas??

:)

BarryD2, Feb 23, 2020

2. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Phone Reply does not display email address

When I receive an email from POP 3 account and try to reply, the TO: email address is blank and have to retype the email address of the person who orginally sent the email.

I followed the steps below.

What am I doing wrong?

To reply to or forward an email

On Start, tap the email account that you want to access (for example,Outlook,
      Google, or Windows Live), and then tap the email you want to reply to or forward.

Tap Respond , and do one of the following:

• Tap Reply to respond to the sender.

• Tap Reply all to respond to the sender and all recipients.

• Tap Forward to send the email to someone else.

Bruce Herz, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail not displaying reply emails

1. Windows Mail not displaying reply emails - Similar Threads - Mail displaying reply

2. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  3. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  4. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails: For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do the program just stalls and I cannot shut it down unless I use Taskmanager. Help please!...
  5. Original Email Truncated to 1 Character on Reply in Windows Mail Client

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Original Email Truncated to 1 Character on Reply in Windows Mail Client: In a pattern I cannot detect, when I reply to some emails, the original email is truncated to its 1st character instead of being attached in full. I am using the Windows 10 Mail client Version 16005.13228.41011.0. It just happened with an email that came from an iPhone....
  6. Original Email is not included when using Reply or Forward Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Original Email is not included when using Reply or Forward Windows Mail: When I reply or forward an email in Windows 10 Mail App, sometimes the original message does not appear and will not forward with the reply. Most of the emails respond correctly to reply or forward, but sometimes the original message is missing. Example: [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows mail not including the previous email in reply

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows mail not including the previous email in reply: [ATTACH] I recently started using Windows mail and calendar on windows 10. While replying to some emails, it includes the previous email like Outlook does but on some it does not include the previous email, although it includes only a few lines which truncate after the...
  8. Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies: Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email address it uses for me does not work for any replies. Outlook is my primary email program. How can I change the default program...
  9. Reply to email blocked

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reply to email blocked: When i attempted to respond to an email received from answer.microsoft.com it was blocked. microsoft-commaxprotection.outback.com diagnostic code:smtp:550 5.4.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reply-to-email-blocked/0b396aac-eb2c-4f5c-95c9-66572cddb0a1
  10. Windows error on replying to Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows error on replying to Email: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large. I get this error each time I try to reply to a message on my new Dell windows...