Windows 10: Windows Mail not downloading mail

Discus and support Windows Mail not downloading mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 accounts added to Windows mail. They have downloaded some mail at one point (I only started using it yesterday) so it seems the passwords are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Chats, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows Mail not downloading mail

I have 4 accounts added to Windows mail. They have downloaded some mail at one point (I only started using it yesterday) so it seems the passwords are fine, but when I click refresh, it says they're all up to date. instead when I log into the accounts I see emails there from hours ago. Any idea why Windows mail isn't downloading the new mail?

Thank you!

Paul

:)

Paul Chats, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Hitman Win User
    E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows Mail not downloading mail

Windows Mail

im pretty sure you can. i know outlook you can and windows mail is based upon outlook.

freaksavior, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail not downloading mail

1. Windows Mail not downloading mail - Similar Threads - Mail downloading mail

2. No mail in Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mail in Mail: I am using Windows 10 on a Desktop PC; I kept MS Live Mail for email but yesterday, 4-10-21, I could not receive or send anything. I kept getting a request to sign in but when I did I received a message that my password had changed. I sent an email to a relative from my cell...
  3. attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail: i cannot download attachments when i receive mail in windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachment-with-mail-cannot-be-downloaded-in/64b2acb4-4563-44e2-85cd-8aed2c026766
  4. Mail won't download

Mail won't download: Does anyone know how to fix the issue with some emails not downloading in Mail app? Only select senders like eBay. I have tried the sync settings, it's not that. I have 2 linked inboxes. Not using outlook at all, so it's not one of them. Thanks!...
  5. Mail app downloading too many e-mails

Mail app downloading too many e-mails: Hi, I have a Hotmail account that I use through the Windows mail app. I have always set it to sync only e-mails from the last month, but recently it has changed by itself to sync all e-mails. I changed it back to one month, but all my old emails still displayed. I tried...
  6. microsoft mail g-mail account quit downloading.

microsoft mail g-mail account quit downloading.: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-g-mail-account-quit-downloading/a0ce658f-f2cb-4de4-af6a-0b656b5d4280
  7. Problem Download Mails

Problem Download Mails: hi my windows mail has stopped downloading new mail what should I do [Original Title: mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-download-mails/f8d3335a-fb2b-4a24-9ecd-e58cb28586ec
  8. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  9. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.: E-Mail states "To download the message: Click here. Press Space." - DOES NOT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail-e-mail-states-windows-live-mail/c8130e6d-8935-468d-b2ce-b0b6baa7bb10
  10. windows live mail download

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail download: can anyone please send me a link to download windows live mail 2012 all the ones i find on the net don't work out you can look at my profile to see all about my pc I thank you in advance if you can help.Jerry 109205

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail not downloading messages

2. windows mail not downloading mail