Windows 10: Windows Mail not syncing or syncing very late. Any solutions??

Discus and support Windows Mail not syncing or syncing very late. Any solutions?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently transferred to windows mail(uwp?) from gmail online, I like minimalistic approach but sync is horribly very bad. Mostly the message shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thick_Performance_54, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows Mail not syncing or syncing very late. Any solutions??

I recently transferred to windows mail(uwp?) from gmail online, I like minimalistic approach but sync is horribly very bad. Mostly the message shows up in notifications after like 30 or 40 minutes or sometime it does not even sync. I had set sync to "as soon as message arrives". Any solutions??

P.S. Please do not recommend any other client I tried some but I am not much of Power user so windows mail is enough and I like it UI.

submitted by /u/Thick_Performance_54
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thick_Performance_54, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Nerkyator Win User

Auto sync Windows 10 Mail app

I have a problem with Mail app on a Windows 10 system (updated from Windows 8).
    The sync settings just don't work on any email accounts and (of course) in the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.
    I've checked other solutions like

• Enable\Disable sync options in Settings under "Calendar" section
    • Run troubleshooting app from Microsoft
    • Rebooting system
    • Set app sync on "as items arrive" or "every 15 minutes"
    • Update mail app
    • Disable firewall

None of these "fixes" worked. Everything else is working fine. If I press sync button it works (it downloads mail and calendar events) but the app doesn't do this automatically.
    (IMAP account)

Someone has\had same problem? And have you managed to rectify this problem?

Nerkyator, Nov 11, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. Berton Win User

Windows Mail not syncing or syncing very late. Any solutions??

Berton, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail not syncing or syncing very late. Any solutions??

1. Windows Mail not syncing or syncing very late. Any solutions?? - Similar Threads - Mail syncing syncing

2. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail not sync on any email server: Since 16th September I not received email from three emails services not syncing on SWindows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-not-sync-on-any-email-server/da108cbc-f238-4efc-acb7-4613d65aa6ab
  3. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail not sync on any email server: Since 16th September I not received email from three emails services not syncing on SWindows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-not-sync-on-any-email-server/da108cbc-f238-4efc-acb7-4613d65aa6ab
  4. Windows mail not sync on any email server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail not syncing: Since early April my Microsoft mail won't sync with my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me my password is out of date. I changed the password & it still won't work. How can this be fixed?...
  6. Mail Sync

Mail Sync: I have been using windows 10 mail to access my ATT email via yahoo for several years. I utilize this on 2 devices 1: laptop and 2: desktop. The other day when I tried to sync on the desktop it says there is a problem and going through the fix it asks to update the password....
  7. Windows Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail not syncing: I use windows mail from my desktop and when it works, it works quite well. However, it seems that every couple of months it has issues where my emails don't send and my inbox doesn't sync so I end up going to Gmail online. To resolve the issue, I have to delete my email info...
  8. Mail sync

Mail sync: Linked to mail accounts, Mail Windows 10 and Gmail I now get duplicate mail, how can i resolve this issue GR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-sync/f12a5d37-8b54-4b1d-ad61-22eb2249f231
  9. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail not syncing: Anyone know how to fix a problem with the email not syncing when using the Mail app? I can sign in through hotmail.com and it works but doesn't sync to the "M" mail app. Thanks....
  10. windows mail syncing

in Browsers and Email
    windows mail syncing: I have upgraded to Windows 10 professional. I have successfully set up and synced my Gmail account However my Btconnect.com account will not sync. The email address and password are correct I can access the emails from a browser or by using Mailbird I cannot sync using...