Windows 10: Windows Mail/People import CSV file

Discus and support Windows Mail/People import CSV file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jharris402, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jharris402 Win User

Windows Mail/People import CSV file

I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one??

If so, can I import contacts?

:)

jharris402, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Louie Del Win User

How to Import Outlook 2007 .CSV files into Windows 10 Mail People file on a new PC. Windows 10 Mail or Outlook 2007 on a new PC?

Hi,

The most convenient way of copying contacts is through the use of the
    CSV
    file format. You can either import or export from programs that store data in tables. If you’ve already exported the address book in CSV file and import it to Windows 10 Mail and People app, we suggest that you use Outlook.com to sync the contacts.
    Here are the steps that you can follow:

• Launch Microsoft Edge browser or Internet Explorer. Then, go to the Outlook.com website.
    • Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Click the Settings menu.
    • Click People.
    • Click Import contacts.
    • Click Browse. Look for the CSV file that you’ve saved.
    • Click Open, then select Upload.

After you’ve successfully imported the contacts, launch the People app and add the same Microsoft account that you’ve used when you signed in to Outlook.com, then contacts will be synced already.

Let us know if your concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Dhavelyn Mer Win User
    Adding contacts to People in Windows Mail using csv. file

Hi John,

The People app is great for consolidating all your contact lists beneficial in using the Windows 10 Mail app. About your concern in importing your contacts using a .csv file into the People app, we recommend that you follow the procedures provided by
    Sayan_Ghosh found on this thread:
    Importing Contacts in Windows 10
    . This will walk you through the steps of obtaining your .csv file so you can add your contacts using an Outlook account.

Do not hesitate to post back should you need additional assistance.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

How to Import Outlook 2007 .CSV files into Windows 10 Mail People file on a new PC. Windows 10 Mail or Outlook 2007 on a new PC?

We'd like to confirm if you've already tried the suggested steps above to import the address book files in CSV format to the Windows 10 Mail app. Let us know how it goes so we can provide additional assistance.

We'll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail/People import CSV file - Similar Threads - Mail import CSV

2. Import .pst files into Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import .pst files into Mail: I have upgraded to a new pc and want to use Mail instead of Outlook. Is there any way I can import my .pst backups and folders into Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pst-files-into-mail/7679e0e1-7242-4c4e-989f-982c8945294d
  3. Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?

Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?: I am not sure how this happened but...ALL my contacts can be found in the Windows 10 Mail app. I also want them in Outlook 2016 but can't seem to find a method to do that. If I go to the People app - NONE of the contacts are there, so I can't export to csv file. Any ideas...
  4. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail: Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The...
  5. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  6. Mail, Calender, and People

Mail, Calender, and People: Why am I unable to add my gmail account to Mail, Calender, and People? When I try to add the account it states "We cant connect to the service you need right now. Check your connection or try again later." Click the X to close the box, another message pops up and says...
  7. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...
  8. Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail: I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do? 42619
  9. Import Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import Windows Mail: 1--Can Windows Mail (Vista/*.eml) be imported to Windows 10 Mail client? 2--Also while setting up Windows 10 Mail, when I Delete last Email, Mail closes. Any help/suggestions? Thanks, Bill 49748
  10. can not find csv file

can not find csv file: I am trying to import my contacts from outlook 2007 to outlook 2016. In order to do this I am instructed to import a comma separated value (CSV) file. But my computer (which is a brand new Dell) doesn't have one. Even my Excel has an extension different than .csv. I was able...