Windows 10: Windows Mail promts a security check from Google but looks dodgy. Am I right to be aprehensive?

Discus and support Windows Mail promts a security check from Google but looks dodgy. Am I right to be aprehensive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cjbeames [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cjbeames, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Windows Mail promts a security check from Google but looks dodgy. Am I right to be aprehensive?

/u/cjbeames, Jan 20, 2020
  2. peerv Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 Closes Right After Opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the Windows Live Mail 2012.

• Press Start button, type programs and Features.
    • Search for Windows Live Mail 2012. select Uninstall/Change.
    • Select Repair and follow the steps and check if it helps you.
    keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Windows Mail promts a security check from Google but looks dodgy. Am I right to be aprehensive?

google mail

Hi jaykay42,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand you're running in to some issues syncing with your Google Mail account where you're only able to sync around 400 older, archived emails. Can you please let me know how old these emails are? What
    is the date for the most recent one?

The page located at
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/people/sync-google-email-contacts-and-calendars-faq
    contains the basics for setting up your Google email, contacts, and calendars for syncing with Windows Phone. It may be a good idea to have a look there to
    start and see if any of the listed steps help to clear any issues up.

Some other possibilities for a resolution will include disabling the mail sync for your Google Mail account under
    settings > system > email + accounts and enabling it again, or trying a soft reset of your phone by removing the battery for a few minutes (if possible).

Please let me know any additional details you're able to find out and let me know also if any of my other suggestions were able to clear the issue up.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail promts a security check from Google but looks dodgy. Am I right to be aprehensive?

1. Windows Mail promts a security check from Google but looks dodgy. Am I right to be aprehensive? - Similar Threads - Mail promts security

2. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  3. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  4. Editing promts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing promts: Today, while making a few changes to "Editor", instead of saving I accidentally deleted everything in it. How do I get back into the editor, to make changes?Thanks,Judi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-promts/3abcbd4d-487c-49b5-b660-eea38876b7eb
  5. Adding a Google account secured with Titan Security Key to Windows 10 Mail

Adding a Google account secured with Titan Security Key to Windows 10 Mail: I am trying to add my Google email account to Windows 10 mail.The account is secured with the Titan security key hardware 2FA.I go through the motions of adding a new Account->Gmail Account. A window opens where it goes to the Google authentication page. Enter username and...
  6. Google Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Mail: I cannot set up my Google mail in my mail . It keeps coming up with error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-mail/f5ed88bb-2c01-49dc-966b-8551c4d56e49
  7. Dodgy email addresses pop up when I start typing in the 'to' box in Windows Mail

Dodgy email addresses pop up when I start typing in the 'to' box in Windows Mail: When I start typing in the 'to' box in Windows Mail, multiple email addresses pop up for contacts - the same name but with several email addresses. These tend to be people I haven't emailed in many, many years, if at all. They are also the same ones that regularly appear in...
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail: A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It is a Google mail address which is used. I have checked that Google IMAP is enabled and checked all the settings in Windows...
  9. Google Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Mail: I cannot get my G Mail opened it keeps saying This page isn’t working mail.google.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS I have done what the page tells me to do this is work email and I can pull it up on yahoo but not G...
  10. Google's look evolved

in Windows 10 News
    Google's look evolved: ... sportin a new look! ... and favicon! [img] Google has changed a lot over the past 17 years—from the range of our products to the evolution of their look and feel. And today we’re changing things up once again: So why are we doing this now? Once upon a time,...