Windows 10: windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

Discus and support windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot access a file menu either to change the settings. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is Windows mail connected to Outlook? I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DannyH_500, Jun 18, 2020.

1. windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

I cannot access a file menu either to change the settings. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is Windows mail connected to Outlook? I can see the settings there and the box 'save sent email to sent email folder' is ticked. I cannot find such option in windows mail....

Thanks for reading

:)

DannyH_500, Jun 18, 2020
  2. cgsos Win User

Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail.

This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in any of the sent folders I've created.

I've been struggling with the issue for quite a long time. My mail provider does not know where the issue might be. I believe it is somehow related to the name the windows mail app gives to the folder for sent items. If I knew the exact name of that folder I could create a folder with that name through the webmail page and finally have all of my devices properly sync.

I've talked to the technical service and they adviced me to switch to another mail provider app. I would prefer not to do that because I like the integration with People and other windows apps.

Thank you.

cgsos, Jun 18, 2020
  3. SENT EMAILS NOT BEING SAVED IN SENT FOLDER

PLEASE HELP! I have Windows 10 and I use Windows Mail. I can send emails but the emails I send are not being saved in my sent folder. My internet service provider has confirmed that the problem is not with the server but with your Mail application. I spoke
    with one of your customer service agents and was advised that in order to enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder, I must do the following: In Outlook 2010 or later versions: Click File, click Options and in Options, click Mail. Under the
    Save messages section, enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option. Click OK. Problem. When I follow your steps and go into Mail, there is not a Save messages section. I want to enable save sent emails and it should not be this difficult
    and time consuming.

MarilynTaylorXW, Jun 18, 2020
  4. ean7035 Win User

windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

sent emails folder

How do I get Windows Mail, not Outlook.com, to send or log my Sent emails. At the moment they are sent but there is no record in either Sent or Sent Itmes folders.

ean7035, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

1. windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder - Similar Threads - mail puts sent

2. Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  3. Windows 10 mail desktop app - sent emails appearing in junk folder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 mail desktop app - sent emails appearing in junk folder: Hello, I am using the windows 10 mail desktop app and have an issue with my sent mail. When I send an email, rather than appearing in sent mail folder it appears in my junk mail folder. If I then mark it as 'not junk' it copies the sent email to my inbox, archive and sent...
  4. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.: I have set up 7 email accounts, 5 of which including a Gmail account were previously managed by Webmail, using w10 Mail app. Very impressed with the app but am having problems with two of the accounts. These are accounts held with Plusnet that I have used for many years...
  5. Sent emails disappearing on Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent emails disappearing on Mail app: I have a Surface Go 2 running Windows 10 Home, and the latest version of the Mail app. The app was working properly until today. Today, when I compose and send an email through Mail, one of two things happen. One, the email simply disappears. It does not show up in Sent...
  6. My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.

My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.: When I click on Send/Receive it gets hung up on Checking 'Sent Mail' for new messages. Eventually I get this message: Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond? I have tried clicking on wait...
  7. sent emails folder

sent emails folder: How do I get Windows Mail, not Outlook.com, to send or log my Sent emails. At the moment they are sent but there is no record in either Sent or Sent Itmes folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-emails-folder/d4ab3fa9-df92-4824-818b-efc3aa879da1
  8. Sent Emails

Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...
  9. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder: Hi, I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows in the "SENT" folder twice but it is only received once by the recipient? Does anyone know why this is taking place and what...
  10. Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder: I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail. This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in...