Windows 10: Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

Discus and support Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using the windows email app in Windows 10, it has started adding another "RE" to each new message I reply to on a thread, so email subjects have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulMickQC, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

When using the windows email app in Windows 10, it has started adding another "RE" to each new message I reply to on a thread, so email subjects have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on unless I delete the new "RE:." Is there a way to fix this, it has only started happenning recently. It does not happen if I use the gmail website.

:)

PaulMickQC, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 18, 2019
  3. BradSpry Win User
    WP8 doesn't support "reply-to" e-mail headers for replying to mailing lists?

Through testing, I found that WP8 does not respect "reply-to" headers in e-mail, which are used in the real world for replying to mailing lists and listservs.

Instead of replies utilizing the reply-to e-mail address, the reply goes directly to the sender, and not back to the list.

This behavior effectively breaks the mailing list chain, because replies don't go back to the list.

WP8 seems not to have reply-to implemented in mail at all...

If I am wrong or if there is a setting somewhere, than please let me know. Even if there was a setting, which I see no evidence of, the default would be still be not to respect reply-to headers in e-mail.

BradSpry, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

1. Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies - Similar Threads - Mail replies

2. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...: Good day folks,Having the following issue and it would be helpful to have an actual MVP/moderator who will not reply once then leave.. Have had that happen on multiple other posts where an "MVP" would post a couple of steps then disappear never to be heard from again when the...
  3. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...: Good day folks,Having the following issue and it would be helpful to have an actual MVP/moderator who will not reply once then leave.. Have had that happen on multiple other posts where an "MVP" would post a couple of steps then disappear never to be heard from again when the...
  4. When I enter my personal e-mail address, I get a reply 'You cannot add a work or school...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enter my personal e-mail address, I get a reply 'You cannot add a work or school...: The e-mail address that I use to sign in to my Microsoft account was work-related. It is eliminated/terminated. I want to change it to using my personal e-mail address. When I enter this personal e-mail address, I get a reply 'You cannot add a work or school e-mail address to...
  5. When I enter my personal e-mail address, I get a reply 'You cannot add a work or school...

When I enter my personal e-mail address, I get a reply 'You cannot add a work or school...: The e-mail address that I use to sign in to my Microsoft account was work-related. It is eliminated/terminated. I want to change it to using my personal e-mail address. When I enter this personal e-mail address, I get a reply 'You cannot add a work or school e-mail address to...
  6. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  7. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  8. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  9. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  10. Phishing mail from no-reply@microsoft???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phishing mail from no-reply@microsoft???: Hi,Just marked a mail as possible phishing scam, while logged into my hotmail account, it stated that I had not logged in in a while. Looked very legitimate and was from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** urgently investigate.Kind regardsJared...