Windows 10: Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

Discus and support Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I setup a IMAP email account on my iPad without any issues. After installing the same IMAP email account using the same SSL port settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HReese, Mar 4, 2019.

1. HReese Win User

Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

Hello, I setup a IMAP email account on my iPad without any issues. After installing the same IMAP email account using the same SSL port settings, Windows 10 Windows Mail App will receive email, but not send. After creating an email and clicking on send, the response from Windows Mail App's Outbox that the email never leaves the Outbox. Instead within the Outbox a message appears displayed as "Sending..." and remains for what seems to be a few minutes. Then 0x80004005 error code appears after the long wait. ie, Sending and receiving reported error "0x80004005" : The operation failed.

Without producing succesful results, I have tried the following:

1) verified port settings are correct

2) updated windows 10

3) turned off Windows Defender

3) turned off Norton Symantec Email

4) restarted the computer

5) removed and deleted all email and retried

Has anyone solved this issue before?

:)

HReese, Mar 4, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Larnu Win User
    Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account...

Default email won't send or receive emails on Windows 10

Hi William,

To properly address this concern, I would like to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you using Outlook.com, Outlook application, or the Mail app for Windows 10?
    • What type of email account are you using? (POP, IMAP or Exchange)

You can visit these articles for steps and suggestions on how to fix email sync issues in Outlook.com and Outlook application:

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Jomel Ber, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Mail receives email but jams on send and won't send email using imap email account... - Similar Threads - Mail receives email

2. help receiving and sending emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help receiving and sending emails: help with receiving and sending emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-receiving-and-sending-emails/1f71db28-6637-437e-be4a-1ad54bf93049
  3. windows mail won't send emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mail won't send emails: emails stuck in outbox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-wont-send-emails/bccc9cd4-dcf0-40b2-9cb5-a2a95e092e8c
  4. windows mail won't send emails

windows mail won't send emails: emails stuck in outbox. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-wont-send-emails/bccc9cd4-dcf0-40b2-9cb5-a2a95e092e8c
  5. Email sending and receiving issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email sending and receiving issue: "I got windows 10 and use micro soft edge. I have email through google. I am unable to send emails and a long delay getting new emails loaded. WINDOWS" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-sending-and-receiving-issue/e89847da-c476-4a51-8521-60aaf27286a2
  6. SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL

SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL: Hi, Up until a few days ago we had no problem using the mail app on our computer, using windows 10. Suddenly it stopped and emails just go and sit in the outbox and a notification appears saying " Unable to access this account ................ You might need to update...
  7. Can't receive or send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't receive or send emails: Ever since an "Update" on August 7, 2020, I cannot receive or send emails on my Windows 10 computer with Windows Live Email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-or-send-emails/b785d8d0-8379-4d7c-908f-4e3b8832b64a
  8. email won't send

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email won't send: What is the latest on email won't send. I receive email fine but can't seem to send anything. No message. Sometimes it shows up in drafts but when I hit send again it disappears. I think it started when I tried to send a message with 8 pictures. Probable too much data. Now I...
  9. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  10. Unable to send receive email in Mail app

Unable to send receive email in Mail app: I updated by system to Windows 10 1803. Now I am unable to send receive email on Mail App. Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/unable-to-send-receive-email-in-mail-app/d190fb66-aae7-4d31-9820-4d94e89f170c