Windows 10: Windows Mail - redundant folders

Discus and support Windows Mail - redundant folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I am trying Windows Mail on my new laptop. It has set me up with a lot of folders I don't need but I can't see how to delete them. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by will4jan, Jul 23, 2020.

1. will4jan Win User

Windows Mail - redundant folders

Hi

I am trying Windows Mail on my new laptop. It has set me up with a lot of folders I don't need but I can't see how to delete them. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

:)

will4jan, Jul 23, 2020

2. recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Mail - redundant folders :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows Mail - redundant folders

Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail - redundant folders

1. Windows Mail - redundant folders - Similar Threads - Mail redundant folders

2. Mail Folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Folders: Puzzled? Minor point, but for me annoying Win10 Mail has two dispatched traffic folders, namely Sent Messages and Sent Items Why two folders, as it appears to be Hobson's Choice as to in which folder messages go Equals yet more clutter, plus the need to trawl two separate...
  3. Mail Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail Folders: Puzzled? Minor point, but for me annoying Win10 Mail has two dispatched traffic folders, namely Sent Messages and Sent Items Why two folders, as it appears to be Hobson's Choice as to in which folder messages go Equals yet more clutter, plus the need to trawl two separate...
  4. Windows Mail Notifications for mails in folders not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail Notifications for mails in folders not working: Hello, I'm using Windows Mail and it's good app, but notifications only work for mails that came into inbox - no notifications at all for mails that were moved via filtering to folders. Is it a bug or bad settings? Thanks for answer. Michal Windows 10 v2004 Windows Mail...
  5. redundant programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    redundant programs: I have a couple of programs on my computer that are exactly the same. will that slow my computer down? does everything go through both programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redundant-programs/67f726c8-518d-4b3a-baf5-ab8b113a5189
  6. Redundant Windows Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redundant Windows Setup: I've had my same computer for the past 3-4 years. Just tonight, I clicked the power icon and selected "Shut down." I remembered something else I needed to do, so after it was done shutting down, I turned it back on again. Then, I got a windows alert to install Windows on my...
  7. Windows 10 Redundancy

Windows 10 Redundancy: I found out this week that from December 5th 2019 Microsoft will cease to release updates for their Windows 10 Mobile operating system this will include security updates. I have been using my MS Lumia 550 handset since March 2016, yet Microsoft has not been in touch by text...
  8. Mail folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail folders: Two of my email folders have been removed. One is SPAM/Junk and the other is a folder I created. How do I restore a SPAM folder? The APP is useless without it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-folders/b5eeb6dd-b045-4d08-bb38-281966252578
  9. Redundant Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Redundant Update: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.219.839.0] appears every time I check for updates. I let it install and slam, boom, bowee there it is again next time I check for updates. *Roflmao2 49279
  10. redundant folders in C after upgrade to windows 10

redundant folders in C after upgrade to windows 10: after upgrading windows 7 to windows 10 I was left with redundant (?) folders in C. namely: $GetCurrent $WINDOWS.~BT $Windows.~WS ESD inetpub Recovery Windows.old Windows10Upgrade Assuming I don't want to go back to Windows 7, Can I safely delete these folders...