Windows 10: Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders

Discus and support Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Thunderbird for long time but I would like to give Win10 mail a go. I am having problems finding a way to save emails to local... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tony Vella, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders

I have been using Thunderbird for long time but I would like to give Win10 mail a go. I am having problems finding a way to save emails to local folders on my laptop where I have an Emails sub-folder under My Documents. Would someone please give me a hint or two as to how to go about this? Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Norvette Win User

Finding my Storage Folders data in Windows 10 Mail on my PC locally to copy for backup

How do I find the storage folders in Windows 10 Mail locally on my pc? I am using aol as my mail server and using imap to get the data from aol to the mail app. What do I need to do to get the emails to save locally on my pc???

Norvette, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Export archived messages from Windows Live Mail 2012 to the Windows 10 Mail app

What I did was to open the Mail app & create the same folders under my Microsoft account & sync the folders then open WLMail & when those folders appear under the same account move/copy the emails from the saved local folder to the new folder. They then
    appeared under Windows mail.

Time Lady, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders

Sometimes it works to double-click a message to open in its own window then right-click on the page and choose Save Page and point to where one wants it. Or maybe File, Save As.

Berton, Aug 9, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    Open Mail you wish to save...underneath 3 dots (top right corner) is a small box with an arrow pointing upwards....clicking on it reveals "open message in new window".

Click on 3 dots on new window....a menu drops down with several options including "save as".

dencal, Aug 9, 2017
  6. Thank you very much both of you. It worked like a charm!

Tony Vella, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders

1. Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders - Similar Threads - Mail Save emails

2. Trying to save emails to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to save emails to folders: Every time I try to save an email into a folder I get a message telling me that I don't have permission to save in that location and should contact the administrator, I used to be able to do this, I think I may have moved or deleted something. What should I do?...
  3. Saving email group in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email group in Mail app: I can't see how to save a large group of addressees that I have sent an email to (40 members of a club) so that I can use it again. I don't want to save them all individually into my People app. In Outlook I was able to save such a group and name it (eg "Rotary". Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  5. windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders

windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders: Hi I have various personilize folders in my email accounts i.e. home folder and keep documents, receipts etc. But according to mail there is nothing there yet I can access them through my phone on bluemail, I have looked at preferences etc and can't find anything to alter, am...
  6. Email Junk mail folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Junk mail folder: Since setting up my email on my laptop Windows 10 I am unable to sync the Junk folder, incoming and out going email is fine, just an empty Junk folder, I can see all content of junk folder on my iphone and Tablet, any ideas mario...
  7. emails received saved in email folders

emails received saved in email folders: how to find received emails saved in email folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-received-saved-in-email-folders/7cb9e2b6-6f54-4d32-8f22-ba83be216eac"
  8. Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail: How do I set parameters for Junk Email in Windows Mail? I am getting a lot of wanted emails arbitrarily directed to my Junk folder and there seems to be no rationale whatsoever, because email from most of the same senders is arriving in my normal Inbox. This is causing me...
  9. Saving email to document folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email to document folder: Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 mail like in Windows Essentials 2012? i.e. right click and save to documents or desktop etc.. 25601
  10. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371