Windows 10: Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Discus and support Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible. Issue:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dmo, Dec 6, 2015.

1. DMO
    dmo Win User

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

2. Sent mail in windows 10

I have windows 10 on a desktop computer. My e-mail is hotmail. Now that live mail is discontinued, I have started using the Mail app built into Windows 10 but cannot see "sent" e mails more than a month old. I have set syncing options to "all time", which
    makes the inbox go back in time but the sent folder still only shows a month's history. What can I do to see older sent mail in W10 or to archive separately?

RichardDBW, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Can I have e.mails sent from phone also automatically sent to my main win 8 e.mail account HOTMAIL account on my home system. I lost one.

First of all, open the e-mail app!

Yes, you should be able to get the sent e-mail from the "sent" folder (menu->folders->sent or menu->folders->show all folders->sent).

Yes, you can set up automatic CC by checking the "Always bcc myself" checkbox in menu->settings.

Cinderella RT, Dec 6, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

I don't use Microsoft email client or outlook program but It look like you're using the outlook Mail application program . What happens if you use their webpage instead . Can you log into the site below and see if you are able to view

Code: Sign In[/quote]

sn00ker, Dec 6, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    [/quote] that is just the new Hotmail, the online outlook , not the outlook2013 app the op is saying they are using, wish I could help ,but I use windows live mail ,with Hotmail and my internet providers email addresses ,and I don't send a lot of email ,just receive a lot, the oldest sent mail Hotmail shows is 2-9-2015

caperjack, Dec 6, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    I know I just figure he could view his send emails from the webpage ... Any ways the sync setting is probably set at the last 30 days to download and I know its downloading but maybe it also effects the send sync, one could at least try and see, here where >>> Setting ... Accounts ....click your email account .... then Manage ... click the sync setting and change it to Any Time

If you have done that already and it still doesn't work I would say give MS a feedback about it

sn00ker, Dec 6, 2015
  7. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Sync setting is set to Any Time. It's a strange one and I'm surprised not more hotmail users have come across the limitation.

8. caperjack Win User

ok.i get what you meant now sorry, I checked mine in live mail and on website and it had the same sent mail listed ,and some of it was older than 30 days

caperjack, Dec 6, 2015
  9. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Yeah, online and even in outlook 2013 I can see all my sent mail for the hotmail account. It's only within the Mail client that have a limited view. I guess it's a bug..

I have to admit; the Mail client is so limited in functionality I do wonder what they were thinking. Outlook and Live Mail are both many times more functional...

10. caperjack Win User
    yupp ,I setup mail client once ,but that was a long time back now ,,and didn't like it myself ,

caperjack, Dec 6, 2015
  11. I have the same issue. Won't sync my Hotmail/Outlook sent items folder past 30 days despite having changed the sync settings. My Inbox have synced all the way back to the beginning in 2003, so that is over 100.000 mails synced (it took over 8 hours to complete so the sync process is extremely slow for sure), but the sent folder only mails from the past 30 days are displayed and will not sync back any further. My reason for setting the mail up is just for experimentation. And that I want notifications in the notifications center. But it is as bad as they say an epic garbage app is what it is! So will not use it anymore and go back to my trustworthy Windows Live mail app that I have been using in the past 5 years. Sadly that app is discontinued since 2013 but still available as a download from Microsofts site. But who knows it might stop working sometimes soon if they cut of the syncing server. Can happen anytime soon... So I hope that Microsoft will get their act together and finally get to work on the new mail app and make it decent. Just some of the bad things I have found just using it a couple of hours: Very high cpu usage, this did not happen from the beginning when just 30 days worth of mail was synced in the Inbox but now when I have synced my entire Inbox from the very beginning then I guess it struggles with it. It also seems to be terribly slow at start up takes well over a minute before I can start reading my mail, notifications in the notification center only seem to work when I actually keep the mail app closed but not when I have the window open. Makes no sense at all! No transfer of contacts information. No stats showing the number of mails I have in my inbox only the number of unread e-mails are counted. User interface is terrible and not intuitive at all. Took me a while to figure it out!

So I can safely say I will not return to this garbage app anytime soon until Microsoft makes it on par with the old Windows Live mail program!*Devil

Joakim Agren, Dec 10, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
    That is all I use it for. I use WLM as a client but I do like the notifications from the app. I've set download to lowest settings (3 days) so as not to waste disk space.

13. Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Doesn't help with browsing older sent items

But you can search for older emails and it will display them, that's how I do it as I only sync 1 weeks worth of data, need anything else I just search for it

paulsalter, Dec 10, 2015
  14. Novan Win User
    I found a workaround. Open Windows live mail and put he mails of inbox in the folder draft. Then put the send items in to the inbox. Open now Windows mail and wait till you see the inbox mails. then put the inbox mails into the send items folders. Close Windows mail. Go to Windows Live mail and put the the inbox mails in to the sent items and the draft items into the inbox mails. Close Windows live mail and open windows mail and now you have your send items and inbox items. I now it's a bit complex but for the moment i worked for me.

Novan, Dec 12, 2015
  15. pissant Win User

pissant, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old - Similar Threads - Mail Sent Folder

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem: This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about a week ago but the Surface is still version 1909. I use the Windows 10 mail application. I have two gmail accounts and a...
  5. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  6. Windows Mail Sent folder

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Sent folder: When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox. This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either...
  7. Sent mail shows as code

Sent mail shows as code: Hi I currently have an IMAP mail account setup on my phone and on the Windows10 mail app. When I send mail from the Windows10 mail app all recipients receive it fine and when I go and check my sent items it looks fine too. My problem comes in when I send mail from my...
  8. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...
  9. My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...

My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...: Hi Microsoft, My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" insted. I want to get my signature to be reflected on app from my hotmail account without re-configuring it on Mail app. Thank You...
  10. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...