Windows 10: Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Discus and support Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Did anyone ever figure out a fix for this - Sent mail for a Hotmail account only saving last 30 days of messages? Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dmo, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Soxman Win User

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Did anyone ever figure out a fix for this - Sent mail for a Hotmail account only saving last 30 days of messages?

Soxman, Sep 5, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

Nope *Smile not me anyway ....

The Mail APP is just that an App so I think it deliberately only brings in the last 30 Days to save space on Mobile devices , no a help on my Desktops , BUT at least for me this limitation only appears to be with my two Hotmail Accounts , my other Accounts , even Gmail now show me further back.

Of course if you use WLM or Outlook.com instead you can access them all.

Kbird, Sep 7, 2016
  3. lx07 Win User
    Well, really the only usable MS offering is the paid Outlook now. WLM no longer works with MS accounts (well only IMAP, not calendars).

I hate to be cynical but it does seem that it is a deliberate policy - you can have Windows for free but you are going to have to pay for Office365 in the end if you want a usable mail client...

I'm not saying it is bad value - I now use it - but I preferred WLM to Outlook personally, mainly for the combined inbox.

Thema:

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

1. Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old - Similar Threads - Mail Sent Folder

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem: This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about a week ago but the Surface is still version 1909. I use the Windows 10 mail application. I have two gmail accounts and a...
  5. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  6. Windows Mail Sent folder

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Sent folder: When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox. This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either...
  7. Sent mail shows as code

Sent mail shows as code: Hi I currently have an IMAP mail account setup on my phone and on the Windows10 mail app. When I send mail from the Windows10 mail app all recipients receive it fine and when I go and check my sent items it looks fine too. My problem comes in when I send mail from my...
  8. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...
  9. My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...

My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10"...: Hi Microsoft, My hotmail signature is not showing up in Mail app it shows "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" insted. I want to get my signature to be reflected on app from my hotmail account without re-configuring it on Mail app. Thank You...
  10. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...