Windows 10: Windows Mail: setup Windows Hello on a desktop machine with no sensors.

Discus and support Windows Mail: setup Windows Hello on a desktop machine with no sensors. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows Mail app continually shows errors against 3 MS accounts. On clicking the "Fix Account" box, it tells me to enable account for Windows Hello,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Andy257AU, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Andy257AU Win User

Windows Mail: setup Windows Hello on a desktop machine with no sensors.

Windows Mail app continually shows errors against 3 MS accounts. On clicking the "Fix Account" box, it tells me to enable account for Windows Hello, you need to enable Windows Hello to finish adding <my@account>. If I continue I get "Something went wrong".

This is a home built computer with no sensors. I do have a Surface with Hello, but I also have several other desktop computers and they don't have the problem.

:)

Andy257AU, Dec 23, 2018

2. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Hello Alexandria,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the exact model of the PC?

The issue might be due to missing fingerprint sensor drivers on the PC and that’s why Windows hello feature is not working.

I suggest you to check if you have the fingerprint drivers are installed on your PC or not.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Go to Biometric devices and expand it.
    4. Check for the drivers if installed any.

If there are no drivers installed, you can download and install them from the manufacturer’s website.

If the drivers are for older version of Windows you can install them in compatibility mode. Refer the article

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Also, you can refer the articles on
    how to setup Windows Hello
    and
    tips on how to setup Windows Hello

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Mail: setup Windows Hello on a desktop machine with no sensors. - Similar Threads - Mail setup Hello

2. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available: Good afternoon people!I have HP Elitebook 850 G5 i5 7th gen with latest windows and hardware updates. But I can't setup fingerprint sensor in sign in option. I included a pic of the system and have a biometric scanner gutter on the laptop body. Please help me solve this...
  3. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available: Good afternoon people!I have HP Elitebook 850 G5 i5 7th gen with latest windows and hardware updates. But I can't setup fingerprint sensor in sign in option. I included a pic of the system and have a biometric scanner gutter on the laptop body. Please help me solve this...
  4. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Setup: I am using Dell Latitude 5490 Laptop, OS windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build.Build in Camera Realteck Driver updated.while trying to setup windows hello after PIN face recognition is not appearing. Yeah Microsoft! please Help...
  6. Windows Hello Setup

Windows Hello Setup: I am using Dell Latitude 5490 Laptop, OS windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build.Build in Camera Realteck Driver updated.while trying to setup windows hello after PIN face recognition is not appearing. Yeah Microsoft! please Help...
  7. Windows Hello drivers/sensors broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello drivers/sensors broken: So one day I opened the computer, expecting the amazing smiley face I love seeing. But then, windows said it was unavailable for some reason. So i checked why and saw some other questions in the Microsoft Community about the same problem. So then I ended up in the Device...
  8. Windows Hello drivers/sensors broken

Windows Hello drivers/sensors broken: So one day I opened the computer, expecting the amazing smiley face I love seeing. But then, windows said it was unavailable for some reason. So i checked why and saw some other questions in the Microsoft Community about the same problem. So then I ended up in the Device...
  9. windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors

windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors: My Windows was not getting the first update, due to which I updated the Windows 10 Pro offline, but now in settings, Windows hello and fingerprint sensor biometric service is not working in the account sign Please help me...
  10. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...