Windows 10: Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts

Discus and support Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts Suddenly after operating without a problem for months The error message is: We couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobbEdwards00, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts

Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts

Suddenly after operating without a problem for months

The error message is: We couldn't access this account: You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device

This error message is on my Laptop not on my Phone which has the same accounts and operates without a problem.

I have re entered the Password a number of times to no avail and I have also deleted the Mail Account in question and reloaded it to no vail also.

If anyone can provide me with appropriate help I would be most appreciative. Thank you

:)

RobbEdwards00, Sep 28, 2018
  2. tbdriver Win User

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Sep 30, 2018
  3. techbuzz Win User
    Windows Mail

Is it possible to set up more than one email account when using Windows Mail? I hate Thunderbird because I could never get more than one email account set up and be able to send mail from both accounts. The outgoing servers kept on getting mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

techbuzz, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts

Windows Mail App syncing not showing the content of the mail

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I'd be glad to help you.

Let's try to follow these steps, mentioned below and check, if it works:

Add and remove an account on Mail App:

I would suggest you to remove the email account and add this account again in Mail app.

Try these steps below, to delete the email account
    on the Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for the email account
      on Choose an account Window, then Tap or click on
      the email account you want to remove.
    • At the bottom, tap or click Remove account or
      Remove all accounts, thus
      remove the email account.
    Try these steps below, to reconfigure
    the email accounton Mail app

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for the email account
      on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to
      Other account.
    • Add your email account,
      Email address and Password in the
      Other account Window and check, if it works.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts

1. Windows Mail shows error for one of my Email Accounts - Similar Threads - Mail shows error

2. One of my accounts is no longer updating in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my accounts is no longer updating in Windows Mail: Hello,Recently one of my email accounts, a Gmail account, is no longer syncing. I have multiple Gmail accounts set up with Mail and the others work fine. To resolve the issue, I removed and re-added the account, but it still will not sync. Clicking the sync button just has...
  3. One of my accounts is no longer updating in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my accounts is no longer updating in Windows Mail: Hello,Recently one of my email accounts, a Gmail account, is no longer syncing. I have multiple Gmail accounts set up with Mail and the others work fine. To resolve the issue, I removed and re-added the account, but it still will not sync. Clicking the sync button just has...
  4. windows 10 mail can not add email accounts error code shows up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 mail can not add email accounts error code shows up: windows 10, My mail was working fine . then it was not, uninstalled mail and accounts now can not add my email accounts in. just comes up with error code...
  5. Emails not showing on mail

Emails not showing on mail: I am having an issue with my mail program. Whenever I receive an email on one of my accounts, it will be there for a short time, roughly 10 minutes, and then it will get automatically deleted. It cannot be seen anywhere within the program, even within the deleted section....
  6. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  7. Windows Mail does not link to my email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail does not link to my email accounts: Hi, I've managed to add my google email accounts into Windows Mail app. However, the windows calendar app doesn't link my google calendar of the same accounts (as my email accounts). Is there any missing link? Fyi, when I add my gmail accounts, there is no option to add...
  8. Mail app ignoring my email accounts

Mail app ignoring my email accounts: In spite of having created even two different Email accounts, the Mail app only shows the "Welcome to Mail" screen asking me to add an account... What is wrong? [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 is not showing my email accounts

Windows 10 is not showing my email accounts: I am using Windows 10. I go to my email app to open my messages. I cannot find any of my accounts except my outlook. I have tried and online solution using the Command Prompt but only restore part of the file then I got an Error 87 when I tried to do a second command after...
  10. 2 email accounts but only one shows notifications

in Browsers and Email
    2 email accounts but only one shows notifications: 2 email accounts (gmail and outlook) but only gmail notifications show up on mail live tile or action center. Really Microsoft? 27913