Windows 10: Windows Mail storage folder

Discus and support Windows Mail storage folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An older version of Windows Mail allowed me to create a storage folder and subfolders so that I could save copies of email on my computer. I can't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LynnBrown5, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Windows Mail storage folder

An older version of Windows Mail allowed me to create a storage folder and subfolders so that I could save copies of email on my computer. I can't seem to find that option for my new computer with the latest version of Mail. Can someone point me in the right direction? I would like to export the currently saved messages on the old computer to the new one and continue to save important messages they come in. Thank you.

:)

LynnBrown5, Mar 5, 2020

2. Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 5, 2020
  3. recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, Mar 5, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Mail storage folder

Importing Storage Folders from WLM to Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern, see the steps below:

• Create the folders; then, go to one of your storage folders.
    • Select all; then, drag them to the online folder. (It will sync over to your Windows 10 app via the online email service).

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail storage folder

1. Windows Mail storage folder - Similar Threads - Mail storage folder

2. Delete Mail Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Mail Storage: Hi everyone,I'm trying to clean up my storage and I've noticed I've got 9.55 GB of mail on my storage which I would like to delete. I'm trying to get this removed and I can't. Can anyone advise how to do it?...
  3. Delete Mail Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Mail Storage: Hi everyone,I'm trying to clean up my storage and I've noticed I've got 9.55 GB of mail on my storage which I would like to delete. I'm trying to get this removed and I can't. Can anyone advise how to do it?...
  4. Windows 10 Mail - Storage

Windows 10 Mail - Storage: The mail app on my PC Windows 10 Pro - version 2004, it is using 6.8GB, I have deleted the accounts and the uninstalled the app. How do I remove this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-storage/ef83632f-a4f2-4d78-8453-0550e51bd9e9
  5. How to transfer my storage folders from Windows Live Mail to Mail 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer my storage folders from Windows Live Mail to Mail 10: My Windows Live Mail WLM refuses to send my emails, have been using this for a good while now and have heaps of storage folders that I would like to transfer to Mail 10 as I've started using this app now. I've made a copy of WLM; it's sitting on my desktop. I just can't...
  6. My mail is not allowing me to create storage folders

My mail is not allowing me to create storage folders: Hi Unable to add storage folders to my mail - anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mail-is-not-allowing-me-to-create-storage/7894a7e0-5713-489e-a9df-c08f74066684"
  7. Windows 10 Mail Storage

Windows 10 Mail Storage: In Settings -> Storage -> Local Storage -> Mail, is using 5.49 GB of storage. I have never used this app and there is no associated account with it. Why is it using over 5GB and how can I clear up that space?...
  8. Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail: How do I import long-term storage files (with lots of really, really important emails I wish to save) from Windows Live 2012 to the new Windows 10 email program? Can't find any how-to help anywhere so far. Thanks! 32418
  9. Change Sent Mail From Storage Folder?

in Browsers and Email
    Change Sent Mail From Storage Folder?: It finally looks like my Hotmail address won't accept and receive mail now via WLM, unless I use the IMAP settings. However, it's not exactly a problem. But when I send an email via my Hotmail address, using WLM, the sent email never stores in the Hotmail 'sent' folder, but...
  10. Merge Message Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail (or not).

in Browsers and Email
    Merge Message Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail (or not).: Hi all, I've messed up, and I hope that someone can help me out. I've set up Windows Live Mail on a new system (Windows 10), then downloaded a lot of messages from the server to the default folder that WLM sets up on installation. I know how to change that...