Windows 10: Windows mail - suggests/populates contacts that do not exist

Discus and support Windows mail - suggests/populates contacts that do not exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, when typing an email address mail populates often with contacts that do not exist/have been deleted in the past, or had typos. They do NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KlaRo-20, Aug 20, 2020.

1. KlaRo-20 Win User

Windows mail - suggests/populates contacts that do not exist

Hi there,

when typing an email address mail populates often with contacts that do not exist/have been deleted in the past, or had typos.

They do NOT exist in People app.

Where can I find them and delete?

Win10, 64 bit, latest version, all updated

Thanks

:)

KlaRo-20, Aug 20, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 20, 2020
  3. disable suggested contacts

The suggested contacts list is populated in two ways:

• From your current address book
    • From E-Mails that you have created or replied to.
    You must remove unwanted contacts manually from your address book.

My above method removes the other names.

Frederik Long, Aug 20, 2020
  4. GaryB0125 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows mail - suggests/populates contacts that do not exist - Similar Threads - mail suggests populates

2. Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?: Good day...I have Windows 11 and the Mail app installed. My email is a Gmail account Whenever I start an email and type a letter or two of the recipient's name, Mail will suggest contacts. All good. However, there are some suggested contacts I wish to remove. Some online help...
  3. Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?: Good day...I have Windows 11 and the Mail app installed. My email is a Gmail account Whenever I start an email and type a letter or two of the recipient's name, Mail will suggest contacts. All good. However, there are some suggested contacts I wish to remove. Some online help...
  4. I've lost contact suggestions.

I've lost contact suggestions.: Until yesterday when starting an email my Win7 used to suggest other contacts with the same first initial and you clicked on the one you want.Now no suggestions are coming up. How can I restore this feature? I would never intentionally turn it off.Thanks...
  5. Microsoft People suggested contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  6. Microsoft People suggested contacts

Microsoft People suggested contacts: HiIt seems that Microsoft People is automatically creating contacts for people who sent me some emails in the past. I don't know how it works actualy, i simply see some contacts that i have never created appearing in my contact list. Could it be "Suggested contacts?"The...
  7. Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail Contacts: How do I move my contacts from a csv file to Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-contacts/ecca300a-cbcf-434d-87c9-6ab89d8d8c38
  8. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions: I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored somewhere, they have to be accessible...some way, some how. When I type a name into the address bar and I get ten suggestions for...
  9. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts: Hello, I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the People button...
  10. Mail Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Contacts: When I send an email to one particular contact, two different addresses show. That person is not in my Contacts list nor is it in my Gmail contact list. How do I eliminate the invalid address? 54135