Windows 10: Windows Mail Sync Error

Discus and support Windows Mail Sync Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There For the past few days my Windows 10 Mail struggles to sync new emails and send/receive. Mail and my emails worked perfectly up until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HuzzD, Feb 2, 2020.

1. HuzzD Win User

Windows Mail Sync Error

Hi There

For the past few days my Windows 10 Mail struggles to sync new emails and send/receive. Mail and my emails worked perfectly up until a couple of days ago. I've followed lots of steps on other sites including:

• Reset mail settings > apps >advanced etc
    • Uninstall and re-install
    • Deleted and re-added account
    • Checked privacy, firewall settings etc
    • When possible, I hit 'sync options' under account settings. However this is almost always blocked out/grey. Instead it says 'syncing content' but never updates.

Mail only syncs when:

• Sign in or restart the computer. Mail syncs immediately when opened after a hard restart of full sign-out/sign-in. Then stops completely after the first sync.
    • Account added after deletion
    • If somehow triggered, when the "Are you trying to add, update or remove your email account?" warning comes up. If I click 'yes' the email immediately syncs. But then does not until one of the above is done again.
    • As above, it only syncs the once - when one of the above actions happen - but never again

Account is an exchange work. Same issue does not happen when a Gmail account is also in Mail. Gmail, using Mail, syncs instantly.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?

:)

HuzzD, Feb 2, 2020

2. Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726

Hi,

Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I am unable to sync any of my email addresses with Windows mail. Every time I click sync, it tries and after a while returns an error code: 0x80072726. I have tried deleting the accounts and recreating them, tried various types, hotmail, gmail etc but nothing works. Googling the issue seems to show a number of users with the same issue, some suggesting a firewall issue.

I have just tried switching off Bitdefender firewall and it now works. Anyone know which rules I need to set up in bitdefender rules to allow mail sync?

markread76, Feb 2, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

s427, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Windows Mail Sync Error

Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail Sync Error

1. Windows Mail Sync Error - Similar Threads - Mail Sync Error

2. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail not syncing: Since early April my Microsoft mail won't sync with my Yahoo account. It keeps telling me my password is out of date. I changed the password & it still won't work. How can this be fixed?...
  3. Mail Sync

Mail Sync: I have been using windows 10 mail to access my ATT email via yahoo for several years. I utilize this on 2 devices 1: laptop and 2: desktop. The other day when I tried to sync on the desktop it says there is a problem and going through the fix it asks to update the password....
  4. Windows Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail not syncing: I use windows mail from my desktop and when it works, it works quite well. However, it seems that every couple of months it has issues where my emails don't send and my inbox doesn't sync so I end up going to Gmail online. To resolve the issue, I have to delete my email info...
  5. Windows 10 Mail sync error - error code 0x80072af9 when trying to sync Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail sync error - error code 0x80072af9 when trying to sync Windows 10 mail app: Yes, I've made sure ALL my sync settings are fine. Somewhere in a recent Windows 10 update, my AOL account stopped syncing and I can't get it fixed. Anyone having this error? Any known fixes? I'm having same issue with Outlook AND Mail app now....
  6. Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99: Hello, I have an issue connecting an Exchange ActiveSync account to the built in Windows Mail App in Windows 10. The only information I have to work off is the error code: 0x80072f99....
  7. Mail sync

Mail sync: Linked to mail accounts, Mail Windows 10 and Gmail I now get duplicate mail, how can i resolve this issue GR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-sync/f12a5d37-8b54-4b1d-ad61-22eb2249f231
  8. Mail not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail not syncing: Anyone know how to fix a problem with the email not syncing when using the Mail app? I can sign in through hotmail.com and it works but doesn't sync to the "M" mail app. Thanks....
  9. Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail sync error - Error 0x80072726: Hi, Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I am unable to sync any of my email addresses with Windows mail. Every time I click sync, it tries and after a while returns an error code: 0x80072726. I have tried deleting the accounts and recreating them, tried various types,...
  10. windows mail syncing

in Browsers and Email
    windows mail syncing: I have upgraded to Windows 10 professional. I have successfully set up and synced my Gmail account However my Btconnect.com account will not sync. The email address and password are correct I can access the emails from a browser or by using Mailbird I cannot sync using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail refuses to sync to my laptop

2. windows 10 mail gmail error