Windows 10: Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

Discus and support Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated. I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by larrymcj, Mar 18, 2020.

1. larrymcj Win User

Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated.

I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and everything is the way it should be. Most importantly, I never changed anything on the machine from when it was working. I'm not using small Taskbar icons and "Show badges on Taskbar" is turned on.

I've (completely) reinstalled the OS twice...no help, as well as initially uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Mail. I hadn't gotten all my apps on this laptop yet so it was no big deal. Every so often, maybe once or twice a day, I'll see the unread message badge appear on the icon and when this happens, it's always the wrong number of messages than are actually in the inbox.

I have a personal Gmail account, a Google Business account, and an iCloud account configured in Windows Mail. FWIW, other apps that have Taskbar icons with badges display just fine...only Windows Mail is having a problem. I'm an experienced user and retired tech business owner and programmer. Of course, none of this makes me an expert...but just mentioning it as I'm sure a lot of inexperienced users post here. Also, searched the web for any help and the only thing I could find was the usual things in Settings.

:)

larrymcj, Mar 18, 2020
  2. larrymcj Win User

Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated.

I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and everything is the way it should be. Most importantly, I never changed anything on the machine from when it was working. I'm not using small Taskbar icons and "Show badges on Taskbar" is turned on.

I've (completely) reinstalled the OS twice...no help, as well as initially uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Mail. I hadn't gotten all my apps on this laptop yet so it was no big deal. Every so often, maybe once or twice a day, I'll see the unread message badge appear on the icon and when this happens, it's always the wrong number of messages than are actually in the inbox.

I have a personal Gmail account, a Google Business account, and an iCloud account configured in Windows Mail. FWIW, other apps that have Taskbar icons with badges display just fine...only Windows Mail is having a problem. I'm an experienced user and retired tech business owner and programmer. Of course, none of this makes me an expert...but just mentioning it as I'm sure a lot of inexperienced users post here. Also, searched the web for any help and the only thing I could find was the usual things in Settings.

larrymcj, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Helmut Win User

I have been using the Mail App for 4 years with 6 Email Accounts and the Badge indicator on the Taskbar icon is not reliable particularly with one older Email Account.

All you can do is send feedback to MS.

Like you I have checked my Windows 10 install and uninstalled/reinstalled/Reset the Mail App/Removed & put back Accounts on a number of occasions, but it is still the same.

Helmut, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

Display badges on taskbar icons

How can I change my settings to allow Outlook to show a badge on it's icon (in the taskbar) when I have unread messages? It should show a yellow envelope over the main icon for Outlook. This is different than the icon that can appear in the "notifications" area on the right side of the taskbar.

In Taskbar Settings, I have "Use small taskbar buttons" option turned OFF, and I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" ON. Last week I had finally found a setting screen that allowed you turn on/off badges for each application individually. After setting it to 'on' for Outlook, these badges began displaying. However, for some reason this setting got reverted when I rebooted, and I can no longer find it.

Bernoulli Lizard, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying - Similar Threads - Mail Taskbar icon

2. Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working: Yesterday everything was working just fine. But today I had a badge notification on my email app that wouldn't go away. So I tried the repair option in settings and that didn't work so I reset the app. After that, no badges will show up. All other apps on the taskbar will...
  3. Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mail app taskbar icon badge not working: Yesterday everything was working just fine. But today I had a badge notification on my email app that wouldn't go away. So I tried the repair option in settings and that didn't work so I reset the app. After that, no badges will show up. All other apps on the taskbar will...
  4. How to Hide Badges on Taskbar Icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Hide Badges on Taskbar Icons in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You can view notifications on your taskbar with the badges on Taskbar icons. However, if you wish, you can hide badges on Taskbar icons in Windows 11 which are by default enabled. Notifications have become a great part of our life. Since we rely mainly on emails and...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed: Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's not the cause of the issue. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't help. I'm using Windows version 2004. What else...
  6. Mail icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail icon on taskbar: I have Mail app icon on the taskbar. But I cannot see the number of new emails there. I am using WIndows 10 Pro 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-icon-on-taskbar/54897e60-92e8-4ad3-8eb3-3a06904f8bb6
  7. Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Mail Taskbar icon badge stopped displaying: Windows 10 Home version 1909, fully updated. I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon stopped displaying the badge with the unread message count. I've already checked the obvious things in Settings and...
  8. Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Badge numbers on small icons in taskbar: I recently changed my taskbar layout and switched to small icons to get more screen real estate. Problem is, while in small mode, icons don't display badges anymore (like unread count for Discord or email apps for example). I've been looking around but can't find any way to...
  9. Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon keeps showng unread email badge: Hi! I got the email icon on my taskbar that keeps showing unread emails, even though I don't. I tried everything such as synicing but it doesn't go away. Do you have any solution? Thanks...
  10. What are Taskbar Badges

in Windows 10 Support
    What are Taskbar Badges: In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know whether are not I want to show them*Smile. Will someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 75582