Windows 10: Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup.

Discus and support Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attempting to setup Windows 10 Mail app to evaluate it for daily use: Finding several inconsistencies and frustrations with something that should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllVodi, May 28, 2022.

1. AllVodi Win User

Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup.

Attempting to setup Windows 10 Mail app to evaluate it for daily use: Finding several inconsistencies and frustrations with something that should be simple and foolproof.1. Using the canned setup routine for a gmail account the Mail app fails to sync all of the emails in the gmail account failing in the trailing portion of the emails. This occurs even after setting the sync period in setup to "anytime" which in all other apps is called "all" mail.2. It gets worse: By switching between "anytime" to any other interval and then back to "anytime" some of the trailing emails get synced ! Doing thi

:)

AllVodi, May 28, 2022
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Windows 10 Mail sync problem

Hi,

Failure to load your new emails may indicate that your account is not synced properly. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your account prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve you concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you re-sync the affected account. To do this,
    delete the it from the Mail app
    . Once you're done,
    setup your email account
    again and check if you encounter the same concern. The steps on how to sign out and sign in to your account can be found on each link.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 28, 2022
  4. Renee_50 Win User

Your account settings are out of date - Mail App Error

I have been having this problem for weeks, ever since Microsoft did an update. I have followed all the trouble shooting steps mentioned. I have removed the mail app and reloaded. I get this error message sometimes 15 times a day on both my email accounts
    that I have linked. The mail app version 16005 13110 41006 0

Renee_50, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup. - Similar Threads - mail Version 16005

2. Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup.: Attempting to setup Windows 10 Mail app to evaluate it for daily use: Finding several inconsistencies and frustrations with something that should be simple and foolproof.1. Using the canned setup routine for a gmail account the Mail app fails to sync all of the emails in the...
  3. Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 sync problem on initial setup.: Attempting to setup Windows 10 Mail app to evaluate it for daily use: Finding several inconsistencies and frustrations with something that should be simple and foolproof.1. Using the canned setup routine for a gmail account the Mail app fails to sync all of the emails in the...
  4. Windows Initial Setup Error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Initial Setup Error.: Ever since I set up my HP Omen with Windows 10 over a year ago I have had some issues with some of my apps: Namely NVIDIA and Logitech's G Hub and recently Origin. The tech rep for Origin recommended that I set up a second Admin user to see if that fixed a persistent...
  5. Failed to enter mail in initial setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to enter mail in initial setup: Hello, I was setting up my new laptop and when entering the email I entered the email wrong. The problem is that now that account is the administrator account, I do not have a password and I cannot delete the account in any way, nor can I make another account an...
  6. Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup: When initially setting up my new Laptop, I selected UK Keyboard when I should have selected US. How do I change this setting to 'US Keyboard'? I seem not to be able to find the 'Language' feature in 'Control Panel' Thankyou in advance for your help. Regards. Robert...
  7. Lenovo Windows initial setup

Lenovo Windows initial setup: hello team i brought a lenovo windows 10 s mode laptop yesterday ideapad 330s, the initial setup of creating account and everything has been done. but after coming to services option the screen is blank. there is no text or no further instructions to proceed further....
  8. Windows 10 Initial Setup

Windows 10 Initial Setup: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 in a mac machien using windows bootcamp . I am runniing Mojave and all the apps are up to date just freshly installed yesterday . while insatlling and after the reboot , i am stuck in the page lets conenct to a internet , there is no...
  9. Initial setup of Windows 10

Initial setup of Windows 10: I bought a refurbished Lenovo Think Centre, and in the initial setup, I have been unable to change the default language and geographic location. The machine default is French. When I try to change the default to English, I get a message that a problem occurred, and I'm...
  10. Initial setup

Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...