Windows 10: Windows mail won't accept correct password

Discus and support Windows mail won't accept correct password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use the Windows Mail app in Windows 10, for several email accounts: Gmail, Yahoo, and Mindspring. Earthlink, the provider of my mindspring.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IrisHendrix, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Windows mail won't accept correct password

I use the Windows Mail app in Windows 10, for several email accounts: Gmail, Yahoo, and Mindspring.

Earthlink, the provider of my mindspring.com email account, required that I change my password yesterday. I changed it with Earthlink webmail, as well as on my iPad, iPhone, and laptop. The new password has 9 characters. Today, on my laptop, the outgoing mail would not work, so I checked the settings. Now the password is shown as 16 characters, or 16 dots, since the characters are not visible.

When I reenter the correct password, and click Save, then close out Settings, then open Settings again, every time there are 16 dots again instead of the 9. Windows Mail will not accept the correct password and always eventually returns to showing me the 'current password' at 16 characters. There is no problem with the other email accounts on Windows Mail. There is no problem with the mindspring account on the other devices, only the laptop running Windows 10.

In the instant after I change the password, save it, and close Settings, the mindspring email works, but then soon stops working. Checking the password at that time always shows the 16 dots.

Please help. Do I have this in the correct category?

:)

IrisHendrix, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Windows mail won't accept correct password

None of these steps resolves the problem. With the time and date set correctly, troubleshooting unable to find a problem and the latest version of Mail and Calendar installed, I am still told my "account settings are out of date" and constantly asked for
    my password, which is never accepted.

PatrickJWarner, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Windows mail won't accept correct password

Windows mail won't accept correct password

I had been using the Windows Mail app in Windows 10 for around a month, without issue, when abruptly it began to tell me my account settings were out of date. I was given an option to fix or dismiss said problem. When I opted to fix it, I was told to enter
    the correct password for the accounts (cantab.net and icloud.com) which had both previously been functional. I made no changes to the accounts themselves or the settings of Windows Mail, and am able to access both accounts via a browser without issue.

When I reenter the correct password for either account, I'm given the same error message a number of times before being shown the 'current password' and asked to update it. The 'current password' is shown as 16 asterisks. I have never entered a 16 digit
    password - mine is 9 characters. I have not changed the password requirement for either account, yet Windows Mail will not accept the correct password and always eventually returns to showing me the 'current password' at 16 characters.

Please help - it's incredibly annoying.

PatrickJWarner, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows mail won't accept correct password

1. Windows mail won't accept correct password - Similar Threads - mail won't accept

2. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  3. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  4. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows won't accept correct password

Windows won't accept correct password: Hello,I'm trying to convert the system drive from MBR to GPT, whatever that means, so I can enable Secure boot, so I can install Windows 11. So I found this option called mbr2gpt for which I need to troubleshootrestart my PC, then select command prompt and then... Then I need...
  6. PC not Accepting correct password

PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  7. Not accepting correct password

Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  8. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...