Windows 10: Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Discus and support Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelWDHowell, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case.

I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date.

I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail including Gmail in Windows Mail and all folders sync properly except the Gmail Sent Items folder, which is empty. I've tried removing and adding back the Gmail account without any improvement.

I started using McAfee installed anti-virus, but after one month free use, have just replaced with Avira Prime for which I already had a subscription. No difference to this problem.

I had this same problem for years on an five year old Lenovo Yogi, which I have given to my partner. Interestingly it now works and syncs with her Gmail account, albeit on a new local user account. The only other difference on the Lenovo is that Avira anti-virus was uninstalled, and replaced with Norton 360 . The current Norton subscription came from 12-year old Toshiba.

Any thoughts?

:)

MichaelWDHowell, Jan 9, 2019
  2. DMO
    dmo Win User

Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows 10 mail app not syncing sent folder

I think I know why windows 10 mail will not sync my sent folder.

on line, gmail calls the folder Sent Mail

In Windows 10 Mail it is called Sent Items.

On line in gmail I created a Sent Items folder but there is no way to tell gmail to put my sent stuff into the sent items folder. Gmail wants to put sent stuff into Sent Mail. It also will not let me change the name of the Sent Mail folder.

So to test this theory I copied the Sent Mail folder to my new Sent Items folder. I signed out of my gmail account, opened up windows 10 mail and hit the sync button. All my sent stuff appeared in the Sent Items folder.

So Windows 10 Mail needs to have a folder named Sent Mail!

This has been an ongoing problem with Windows Mail. You need to make changes to the program so that we can add folders specific to our own email accounts.

Darlene

Darlene-343, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

1. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder - Similar Threads - Mail won't sync

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Sent mail not syncing

Sent mail not syncing: Hi, I am using you Mail and Calendar App. Whenever I am sending an email through my Gmail account, the sent mail is not showing in app and neither in Gmail's sent folder. I tried to re-create the problem with Yahoo mail but Yahoo is working fine. Please suggest what...
  5. W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label

W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label: W10 Mail App won't send messages to Gmail's "Sent Mail" folder/label When I send mail from my gmail account, the mailer/google store the sent copy in spam and not "sent mail". Can this be changed so that out going mail is stored in the correct folder/assigned the correct...
  6. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  7. Windows Mail Sent folder

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Sent folder: When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox. This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either...
  8. Sent emails won't sync through Mail

Sent emails won't sync through Mail: I use Mail on Windows 10. My normal inbox and its organizing folders are all working/receiving emails/syncing completely fine however my sent email is not syncing at all and won't show any of my sent emails. When I try and reload it, it tries to sync and then comes up with...
  9. Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does

Gmail folders won't sync to Windows Mail and Calendars, but Inbox Does: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app for several months, and it was working fine. Within the last couple weeks, suddenly my folders no longer sync correctly...except the inbox does. I have Reset the app, Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, Updated the...
  10. Windows Mail not syncing with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail not syncing with Gmail: Hi All, I opened Gmail from inside Chrome, and deleted an email. Then opened Windows 10 Mail and the email is still in my inbox? I've clicked the sync icon in mail, but that didn't work. Any ideas? 22454

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to synch sent items gmail windows

2. windows mail wont sync sent mail

3. gmail doesnt sync sent items with microsoft mail

4. sync gmail folders with windows mail,
  5. gmail doesnt show sent message in windows mail,
  6. emails wont sync after viewing the sent items folder