Windows 10: Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Discus and support Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; That's nice, Windows, especially since I don't have an Outlook account. But this annoying message keeps popping up anyway. I have only set up Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imrazor, Mar 18, 2017.

1. imrazor Win User

Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

That's nice, Windows, especially since I don't have an Outlook account. But this annoying message keeps popping up anyway. I have only set up Windows mail with a Gmail account, but it keeps blathering about a non-existent Outlook account. Poking around in the app, I did find an Outlook entry in my calendar, but I have no idea how it got there. If I click on Settings>Manage Accounts, there is no Outlook account there, only the Gmail account. Anyone know how to resolve this nonsense?

:)

imrazor, Mar 18, 2017
  2. PN ptb Win User

Your outlook account settings are out of date - windows 10 mobile

Still getting this error on one of my IMAP accounts after the latest update. This is extremely annoying!

PN ptb, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Your outlook account settings are out of date - windows 10 mobile

I have not yet seen any comment from Microsoft on this, although I'm sure they do know about it, as suggested by Sven.

On another thread, where this same issue was being discussed, one contributor had suggested the issue was associated with a problem with the DSN settings on the wireless network to which the device happened to be connected to at the time. I think there
    may be some validity to this theory because, on the whole, my experience of this problem has reduced to a point where it is now bearable. However, at the weekend, I was in my local Tescos and my phone automatically connected to their WiFi. When I walked
    out of the place, half an hour or so later, I noticed my phone was flooded with notifications. Nearly all of them were of this warning message, affecting various of my multiple email accounts, so there was clearly something peculiar about that network environment
    that triggered the notifications.

I found that after I added a security PIN to the phone, shortly after I got it back in January, that action certainly appeared to reduce the frequency of this message coming up, even though it didn't eradicate it. Network DNS issues can sometime be transient
    and there is no reason why the mobile providers' networks might also experience intermittent problems with DNS. This might explain why I sometimes see this notification even when I am not connected to a WiFi network and simply using my mobile provider's data
    connection. On that basis, I guess it's possible that this issue may not actually be Microsoft's problem, as such, other than they may have built some additional error handling into the Windows 10 phone OS, which is picking up a particular network issue.

Still annoying, nevertheless!

Steve Tomalin, Mar 18, 2017
  4. imrazor Win User

Never mind, found the "Outlook account" in general Windows settings instead of the Calendar settings. Deleted it; problem solved. Not sure why I couldn't manage the account from the mail/calendar app where the error was appearing.

imrazor, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date - Similar Threads - Mail Outlook account

2. Account settings are out-of-date in Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account settings are out-of-date in Mail: big issue - every single week Ms MAIL tells me my settings are out of date and to set up windows hello windows hello is set up and active and has been always i then re add my password at the process goes - re add my windows hello pin and get the message - all set up one...
  3. Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date

Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date: In windows 10 mail, my Microsoft email account keeps losing its connection and I have to keep signing in over and over again. Usually once I sign in it remains OK for the duration that I have my computer powered on but almost always reoccurs when I go to power my machine back...
  4. Your account settings are out-of-date

Your account settings are out-of-date: For the last 2 days; Your account settings are out-of-date The weird part is that it doesnt affect my main account, just my 2 slave accounts (my son and father's email which is tied to my own). So my email comes up as normal but not the other 2. It just keeps...
  5. your account settings are out of date - Outlook

your account settings are out of date - Outlook: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-outlook/8e2e4d54-129a-4cf7-9348-1d8dca506313
  6. Your Gmail account settings are out of date

Your Gmail account settings are out of date: I continue to see "account needs to be fixed" in my mailbox, and when I ask to fix it, and then troubleshoot to Settings/Manage Accounts, I do not have boxes associated with Require SSL for Incoming/Outgoing mail. Now what?...
  7. Can't sign in to Outlook - error message Your account settings are out of date in Mail or...

Can't sign in to Outlook - error message Your account settings are out of date in Mail or...: It says to make sure password is OK - no problem there. Check Security Certificate but can't do that without signing in to Outlook which won't let me in. Appreciate help on this thanks...
  8. Your email account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your email account settings are out of date: Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date." Danielle TYiA *Smile 61627
  9. Windows 10 Mail App : Your Yahoo account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App : Your Yahoo account settings are out of date: I've gone through the write up on solving the problem "Your a/c settings are out of date" available on Microsoft Support Site. On clicking Settings of Mail app-> Manage A/c-> Yahoo a/c, the Yahoo A/c settings opens. There an old password of 16 characters is shown. My current...
  10. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your Outlook account settings are out of date: My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date". When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns. How to resolve this permanently? Regards 23488