Windows 10: Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Discus and support Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; That's nice, Windows, especially since I don't have an Outlook account. But this annoying message keeps popping up anyway. I have only set up Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imrazor, Mar 18, 2017.

1. imrazor Win User

Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

That's nice, Windows, especially since I don't have an Outlook account. But this annoying message keeps popping up anyway. I have only set up Windows mail with a Gmail account, but it keeps blathering about a non-existent Outlook account. Poking around in the app, I did find an Outlook entry in my calendar, but I have no idea how it got there. If I click on Settings>Manage Accounts, there is no Outlook account there, only the Gmail account. Anyone know how to resolve this nonsense?

:)

imrazor, Mar 18, 2017
  2. PN ptb Win User

Your outlook account settings are out of date - windows 10 mobile

Still getting this error on one of my IMAP accounts after the latest update. This is extremely annoying!

PN ptb, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Your outlook account settings are out of date - windows 10 mobile

I have not yet seen any comment from Microsoft on this, although I'm sure they do know about it, as suggested by Sven.

On another thread, where this same issue was being discussed, one contributor had suggested the issue was associated with a problem with the DSN settings on the wireless network to which the device happened to be connected to at the time. I think there
    may be some validity to this theory because, on the whole, my experience of this problem has reduced to a point where it is now bearable. However, at the weekend, I was in my local Tescos and my phone automatically connected to their WiFi. When I walked
    out of the place, half an hour or so later, I noticed my phone was flooded with notifications. Nearly all of them were of this warning message, affecting various of my multiple email accounts, so there was clearly something peculiar about that network environment
    that triggered the notifications.

I found that after I added a security PIN to the phone, shortly after I got it back in January, that action certainly appeared to reduce the frequency of this message coming up, even though it didn't eradicate it. Network DNS issues can sometime be transient
    and there is no reason why the mobile providers' networks might also experience intermittent problems with DNS. This might explain why I sometimes see this notification even when I am not connected to a WiFi network and simply using my mobile provider's data
    connection. On that basis, I guess it's possible that this issue may not actually be Microsoft's problem, as such, other than they may have built some additional error handling into the Windows 10 phone OS, which is picking up a particular network issue.

Still annoying, nevertheless!

Steve Tomalin, Mar 18, 2017
  4. imrazor Win User

Never mind, found the "Outlook account" in general Windows settings instead of the Calendar settings. Deleted it; problem solved. Not sure why I couldn't manage the account from the mail/calendar app where the error was appearing.

imrazor, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date - Similar Threads - Mail Outlook account

2. Your iCloud account settings are out of date - Microsoft Mail/Outlook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your iCloud account settings are out of date - Microsoft Mail/Outlook: I am struggling with this error. I have fixed it already with an app generated password but it still pops up ‘Your iCloud account settings are out of date’ submitted by /u/yungwoody [link] [comments]...
  3. "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"

in Browsers and Email
    "Your Outlook account settings are out of date": I keep getting this message over and over again every couple of days or so. This started about 2 or 3 Windows updates ago or so. When I click on it I'm taken to what looks like my email sign in little box and it says something like "because you're accessing sensitive...
  4. Your G-Mail account settings are out of date

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your G-Mail account settings are out of date: Help please. I've been getting subject message for past 2 weeks or so "Your G-Mail account settings are out of date". I've tried all suggestions as recommended in popups but negative results. Each time I "fix" the problem note says problem fixed it reappears. This issues...
  5. Outlook Account Settings are out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Account Settings are out of date: A while back I started seeing this message in a yellow bar at the top of Outlook Mail client. If I click the Fix account button it asks for my PIN and then says "fixed" and seems to work OK after I restart Outlook Mail. If I click Dismiss, or don't do anything, it seems like...
  6. Mail "Your settings are out of date,"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail "Your settings are out of date,": Hello, My name is Luke, and my Mail app on Windows 10 will not work with my iCloud email address it says "Your iCloud settings are out of date," so I try to fix it but seconds later it is coming up again. Please could you help me? Thanks...
  7. Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date

Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date: In windows 10 mail, my Microsoft email account keeps losing its connection and I have to keep signing in over and over again. Usually once I sign in it remains OK for the duration that I have my computer powered on but almost always reoccurs when I go to power my machine back...
  8. your account settings are out of date - Outlook

your account settings are out of date - Outlook: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-outlook/8e2e4d54-129a-4cf7-9348-1d8dca506313
  9. Can't sign in to Outlook - error message Your account settings are out of date in Mail or...

Can't sign in to Outlook - error message Your account settings are out of date in Mail or...: It says to make sure password is OK - no problem there. Check Security Certificate but can't do that without signing in to Outlook which won't let me in. Appreciate help on this thanks...
  10. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your Outlook account settings are out of date: My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date". When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns. How to resolve this permanently? Regards 23488